• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Please Help! Cobra 29 Receive Problem

KGC-7375

Jun 20, 2015
Hey everyone. Recently my cobra 29 Ltd Soundtrackers Receive went out on me. There is absolutely no sound coming in from the airwaves on any channel. Another thing that suddenly happened at the same time the receive went out was my channel display goes blank when I switch the Bright/Dim Switch to Dim. The radio Transmits just fine though... Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit- This is not a mic/speaker problem. The needle on my S meter doesn't move at all like it should when receiving sound. The needle works exactly as it did when transmitting

Last edited:

Have you tried an external speaker to rule out the possibility of a blown speaker in the radio or tried a different known working mic? Those radios need a properly wired "Cobra" style 4 pin mic plugged into the radio to receive. It's not in PA mode right?

Have you tried an external speaker to rule out the possibility of a blown speaker in the radio or tried a different known working mic? Those radios need a properly wired "Cobra" style 4 pin mic plugged into the radio to receive. It's not in PA mode right?
Yes I know it has nothing to do with the speaker or mic. I have tested these and tried different mics. And yes it is is Cb mode not PA. I know it doesn't have to do with these either because the needle on the meter doesn't move at all like it should do with incoming sound.

If it's not a simple setting, speaker, or mic issue I would sell it in e-bay as a fix or repair. The Soundtracker radio's were probably the worst radio's Cobra ever had built to put their name on. They are not worth as much used so you would not want to sink a lot of money into it.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated