• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Please help, lookin for a FM signal booster....

Wilson carries a cell phone booster kit. It's around 150-200 I think. Google wilson cell phone booster

FM signal booster? For what, 88-108Mhz? That is the FM broadcast band, but then you say your cell phone...

If you mean a two way signal booster for cell phone coverage, there are several types available. If it is mobile use, they have repeater types that connect to the cell towers and then "rebroadcast" it into your vehicle. They use an external antenna. These are the best.

The second type are the kind you connect your phone to, but they require a cradle for the phone, or specific cord for it to interface it. The best ones of this type also use an external antenna.

Ones to stay away from are those gimmick type ones that are a cell "booster" strip of something or other that go on the back of your phone. They do nothing are are based on nonsense.

HOWEVER AND THIS IS IMPORANT..SO READ UP--- depending on what carrier you are on determines the type of modulation technique used to work over the air. For instance, in the US, carriers like Sprint and Verizon use CDMA, while ATT and Tmobile use GSM. You NEED to know what your carrier uses so that your "booster" will be compatible. Then, to make it more confusing, you need to make sure that your "booster" will work on the frequency range that your carrier (service provider) uses. If you change carriers, then you need to make sure it will work as well. Just because it works on one does not mean it will work on another.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated