• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Portland, OR Metro Area Motorola MaxTrac programming

archjeb

Jan 26, 2014
Hello,

I got a couple of Motorola Maxtrac's and want to program them for GMRS use - potentially building a repeater.

Do you have any recommendations in the Portland, Oregon Metro area of someone (shop or personal hobbyist) that programs them and has the RIB & software to program them?

Thanks,

-J

Hello,

I got a couple of Motorola Maxtrac's and want to program them for GMRS use - potentially building a repeater.

Do you have any recommendations in the Portland, Oregon Metro area of someone (shop or personal hobbyist) that programs them and has the RIB & software to program them?

Thanks,

-J

Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a programming cable off of Amazon (
Programming Cable for Motorola Maxtrac GP88 GM300) for $21.36.

It worked just fine for my Maxtrac and Maxtrac 100 radios.

Somethings to keep in mind if you're interested in programming this yourself:

1. you need DOS. I used the ultimate boot cd
Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

2. then just used the Motorola RSS software off a floppy disk.

3. You need a REAL serial port (DB9 RS232) for this to work.

Other than that, it was a piece of cake to change the freqs to 2 GMRS channels, set the PL codes and change the transmitter TX power (I lowered it).

-J

Hello,

Thanks,

-J

Contact K7KSN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.