• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

I think the clarifier is locked on tx...They could have kept the coarse of the 980 and unlocked that....
and perhaps added another final and a heat sink but theres always the lincoln to come along and pick up the slack...

It's a shame the EU manufacturers don't market CB radios in the US with US specs. There are some really nice rigs out there with remote heads and other nice features only found in US marketed amateur radio gear. Even worse no one makes a nice mono band 10 meter rig. Not talking about export CB's but a current manufacture 10 meter radio. Bums me out.

http://www.pjbox.co.uk/president-lincoln-2-10m-ham-radio.html

Last edited:
I think that if the FCC would revise the regulations concerning 11 meters,say,bump the max allowable wattage for radios to 100 watts,legalize clean 500-1500 watts for linear amplifiers with proper filtering and make it to where a license to operate on 11 meters with stipulations like no potty mouthing,noise toys used sparingly as a roger beep/key up,using registered call signs,must send a copy of a yearly radio tune and alignment and signed by FCC recognized techs to the FCC to be able to transmit on 11 meters. Have designated volunteer cb base operators to rat on those who aren't playing by the rules. Being able to count to ten,be able to recite the pledge of alliegience,have some ham like rules. Etc,etcetera,etc

It's a shame the EU manufacturers don't market CB radios in the US with US specs. There are some really nice rigs out there with remote heads and other nice features only found in US marketed amateur radio gear. Even worse no one makes a nice mono band 10 meter rig. Not talking about export CB's but a current manufacture 10 meter radio. Bums me out.

President Lincoln 2 11 10m Ham Radio

My thoughts are would EU manufacturers take the US CB radio market seriously to produce some quality radios?

I think that if the FCC would revise the regulations concerning 11 meters,say,bump the max allowable wattage for radios to 100 watts,legalize clean 500-1500 watts for linear amplifiers with proper filtering and make it to where a license to operate on 11 meters with stipulations like no potty mouthing,noise toys used sparingly as a roger beep/key up,using registered call signs,must send a copy of a yearly radio tune and alignment and signed by FCC recognized techs to the FCC to be able to transmit on 11 meters. Have designated volunteer cb base operators to rat on those who aren't playing by the rules. Being able to count to ten,be able to recite the pledge of alliegience,have some ham like rules. Etc,etcetera,etc

I would like to order a pound of what your smoking ;)

I'd comment on your suggestions but don't want to completely derail the original post.

Reactions: 1 person
back to topic i think the new grant is nice with some nice features
with some old schoool features aswell . ive used older president
radios in the past both cb and export and all work very good
if thier quaility standards are same then this should be a great
radio. darn shame its not in the us. id take this over anything
advailable in the us

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?