• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

How do we get one of these President 10 meter radios short of ordering from a UK radio shop? I like my HTX-100 and Uniden 2510 but they are getting old and starting to have issues. Frankly, I'd like to have a 10 meter rig to play mobile with that isn't 20 plus years old and I don't really want to sink the money into an HF rig for my truck just to use 10 meters.

Because of distribution agreements between President and Uniden these radios can not be distributed in North America which means that distributors and shops can't import them in bulk.

In North America if you're interested in one of these radios you'll need to purchase it from a UK shop. You'll probably see these showing up on eBay as well.

Because of distribution agreements between President and Uniden these radios can not be distributed in North America which means that distributors and shops can't import them in bulk.

In North America if you're interested in one of these radios you'll need to purchase it from a UK shop. You'll probably see these showing up on eBay as well.

Two trusted Dealers I use the first is very local to me, mention me (M0OGY/Oggy) if you decide to order, I'm sure they can do a good deal for you.

Knights Electrocom President Grant II

Nevada Radio President Grant II HERE IN 4 DAYS All mode CB radio transceiver - Nevada Radio

73 Dave

Reactions: 1 person
Couple of additional notes - Uniden Wireless microphone (in stock form) will not work with the Grant II, I believe this is due to a voltage difference on Pin 6 between the Grant II and 980. I did however try the 6 pin to 4 pin adapter that comes with the Uniden 980 on the Grant II and since pin 6 voltage isn't an issue I was able to test 4 pin microphones on the radio without re-wiring.

Reactions: 1 person
nevada radio said in an email that they would not ship these radio's to the US

Knights stated the radio is illegal in USA and spoke of customs issues. Seems like the lawyers have people nervous.

But, they did say shipping to USA would be around $50.

I wouldn't gamble with customs. I imagine they would declare exactly what it is.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated