• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President line of radios

As long as the price is not astronomical ( that is a question because president thinks everything they build is gold plated today ) it may make a good ten meter rig.
Understand that 10 is my favorite band, and if it covers 12 that is a plus.
I just recently sold my FG-Best RCI 2950DX and could use another 10/12 radio for my pickup.
As this model is said to have CTCSS/offsets it would also serve well to play on 10 meter FM repeaters.
NorthStar, you can always import one for personal use :D
I do find it amusing the the warranty terms are 5 years, only if you use a President antenna with the radio LoL.
The biggest Question in my mind...what name is on the PC Board...Uniden?

Jeff

Qixiang

Last I heard this will not do 12M but there are plenty of rumors floating around on this one and something else that maybe coming out of Camp President. Personally I'm not too excited and being disappointed in spending big $$$ on the Jackson II.

Personally I'm not too excited and being disappointed in spending big $$$ on the Jackson II.

Can you give us some feedback on the Jackson II ?
Pro`s (if any)
Con`s.

It will be interesting to see how Uniden and President play together if Qixiang is indeed building radios for them, after the Roosevelt, The Harrison and now the Lincoln II.
They quickly pulled the plug on the other radios.

Maybe if Qixiang is building them the price will come down........

Jeff

President Jackson II Multinorm-CB-Funkgerät der Spitzenklasse mit FM, AM, SSB - pmr-funkgeraete.de

says uniden inside...2007

11625_1926_4.jpg

11625_1926_5.jpg

That has always been the Norm.
President has always been based on uniden design, except for two models that were built by Maycom....and they caused an uproar, and were quickly pulled from the shelves.
Once again, time will tell.

Jeff

President Jackson 2 was made in shenzhen China, was type accepted in France and imported by President Electronics in France, as am/ssb is legal in France,it also contains all the other European standards, as well as full export mode once its been opened up.

That has always been the Norm.
President has always been based on uniden design, except for two models that were built by Maycom....and they caused an uproar, and were quickly pulled from the shelves.
Once again, time will tell.

Jeff

Before the maycom issue Jeff they're was a couple of presidents built by Ranger,at least 3 I know off, Richard (some were Uniden),Franklin base (like a Galaxy Saturn) was EPT3600 series and so was Ronald mobile (very like Galaxy Pluto) there may be others,think there was a Ranger Version of JFK and possibly Robert too.I Might be wrong on those two though,the first 3 deffo have ept3600 or clone chassis in them though.

I would imagine although can't be certain as was off radio at the time that the ranger built ones came early after President transitioned from CSI to President Europe as CSI radios look Ranger made too.

Nice looking radios, hope they work as good as they look, fancy a Lincoln 2 but will need to see schematic to see if Alc,AM carrier and FM carrier can be reduced to about 2w for am/ 8w for fm and about 16-18w pep for ssb to drive my kl203p's,along with giving me full use of front power control to give me variable output on amp, failing that I'll probably pick up a grant 2 or jackson 2 (price has tumbled here since lincoln 2 was announced)

Radiozing in London claim to ship worldwide, not sure what they have in stock just now but prices seem keen and delivery in uk was fast, there shop is : Shopzing | Home page

Reactions: 1 person
Will there be a President Nixon, President Eisenhower, President Roosevelt , President Ford, President Johnson, President Carter....?? What are the rules for selecting a radio with the name of a US President?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated