• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Problem with 29 NW ltd classic

Mar 5, 2012
I just bought and installed a new cobra 29 NW ltd classic but my antenna warning light is coming on.. I've checked everything that I know and added a ground wire to the mounting bracket to the chasis and still doesn't want to work and the dimmer control only works on the meter and channel display opposed to lighting up all the functions. Same antenna and wiring worked fine for my cobra 19 plus.. any ideas or help would be great

Unless you have a damaged radio (new or not) you have a problem in your antenna system. Check for a short and put an SWR meter on it. Even if it worked (or seemed to be working correctly) or not.

The 19 has no SWR warning light. You may have had the problem and did not know it.

As far as the lights go, the dimmer is working correctly. Does not control the panel brightness.

John

Reactions: 1 person
I just bought and installed a new cobra 29 NW ltd classic but my antenna warning light is coming on.. I've checked everything that I know and added a ground wire to the mounting bracket to the chasis and still doesn't want to work and the dimmer control only works on the meter and channel display opposed to lighting up all the functions. Same antenna and wiring worked fine for my cobra 19 plus.. any ideas or help would be great

Unless you check the swr, there is no sense going any further. Some antenna warning indicators light at 2-1 swr while others light at 2.5-1.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.