• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Problem with the 5 FOOT Wilson Silverload Antennas

Chainsawgang

Jan 19, 2007
Georgia
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem but, I have had two guys return with issues with the soldering on the bottom of these antennas. After seeing this twice , I decided to cut one open to see what the problem is. The quality control dept . is missing the fact that someone is not putting the silver coated wire into the hole on the base of the stud BEFORE soldering. They are just soldering the wire to the top of the stud ...very little contact and really sorry solder too. It will work fine until the antenna starts flexing then it breaks loose from the base stud. When you stop the vehicle the antenna stands up straight and the wire touches the stud making it very tough to find the problem. GOOD LUCK and keep 'em talking!

uh huh...Did she have a breakage problem with hers too , binrat?

The Wilson Silverloads are one of the easiest antennas to install & tune that I have ever worked with .But, I doubt I will use one ; after one of these guys burned up his Stryker 490 with it!

the silverloads work great and tune great. ive never needed that wire ,which
gives ya 2 optinions cit it or tie it off. what i did. my test showed the 5foot silverload
worked as good as a a wilson 1000 mag mount.if your hitting dstuff with it ya may
wanna try a wilson 200 trucker for a mirrior mount install. or a wilson 1000 mag mount
these will handlw alot more power and can take a beating

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?