• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Push up poles?

Bobcat

May 24, 2005
Deer Park, TX
I'm curious about these. Where can you get them? ( I have browsed antenna areas on a number of web sites and I cant find them.... perhaps I dont know where to look!) Are they worth having in the first place? Push Up implies that you can loosen, raise, tthen tighten. Assuming this is true, what is the lowered length and the raised length? How high can they go without guying?(for this one assume that it might be bracketed to the house at 10'(back of the house) or about 17' ( front side of the house). I hope all this rambling makes sense... and thanks.

Bob

BobCat

Do yourself a favor..
Try at your local radioshacks

ask them if they have any older models on hand
if they have older models on hand
(which are exactly same as new models)
simply ask them if you can take them off his hands

see the funny thing is...radioshack is pretty much out of this part of the business....once they have any older models on hand of those push up poles and or their 5 ft and 10 ft masts...

such push up poles and masts are no longer included on their inventories....as such managers of radioshacks with such items in stock,consisder such items as taking up otherwise good stock space..

therefore you may well be surprised to find...
most radioshacks with old model push up poles and masts in stock are more then glad to let you have them....for free

this is how i got about twenty 5 ft and twenty 10 ft masts
as well as two 36 ft and three 30 ft and two 24 ft push up masts
this was done by going only to the 2 closest radioshacks to me

i actually had to get my cousin to help me with his pick up truck to get it all..
i thought of trying more radioshacks
but frankly..i do not need as much as i have..lol

however i am nearly out of both 5 ft and 10 ft masts
in having helped several friends with installs as well as my cousin

i easly got at least $1000 worth of masts in this way

let me know how it goes

I cant believe Lowe's would have anything like that! But I'll sure give em a call.

And, as far as Radio Shack, that's a great idea. Phone calls are cheap..... aand I have a number of them in striking range.

Thanks much.

Alot of website's sell them,like randl electronic's out of Hamilton OH.The only bad thing is the shipping is out rageous on them.I went to their store and bought a Rohn 50' pushup pole for $85.Lowe's has the 30',and i think that's as long as they have.I like mine!I have a 3 element beam on mine.

Bobcat said:
I cant believe Lowe's would have anything like that! But I'll sure give em a call.

And, as far as Radio Shack, that's a great idea. Phone calls are cheap..... aand I have a number of them in striking range.

Thanks much.

You actually have this backwards, Lowe's does have them and Radio Shack is most likely to not.

Check Lowe's through the web.Some stores have them some don't.Rohn made them and now channel master took over.Check local tv suppliers there are hd (heavy gage)versions.You can go to channel masters site and see the different versions.

you would be surprised..

for if you ask them over the phone (radioshack that is)
then whoever you speak to will try punching it up on the computer

those items have been out of their inventory management for about 2 yrs...but many radioshacks still have them
besides you need talk to the store manages to get the deals i spoke of

ofcourse if lows is closer (or whatever other store)
it's all good...

was simply sharing how i got these push up poles for free

is not my money...you know what i mean

Lowe's down the street from me does not have them nor have they ever had them , so some do and some don't.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.