• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QJE Switching Power Supply

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I've been running this supply for the last few days. It's turning out to be a nice little supply. I thought I was hearing some pulse noise on 80 meters, but ruled the supply out causing it.

So far, I haven't heard any hash or interference caused by this supply. The controls are smooth and tight. The front and rear rocker switches are really tight.

So far, so good.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamps/4912.html

Well, I woke up this morning and flipped the switch on the QJE and that tiny little fan in the rear started squealing and groaning. I've never heard a little fan make noise like that. It finally settled down. Guess I'll have to switch it with a better one.

What was the cost with shipping on that supply? I am going to order one of those, I was looking for a small portable supply and had been looking at the little Pyramid 20 amp switching supply but this QJE seems nice.

I picked it up from the store as I live 30 minutes away.

They have a flat rate shipping on their orders. This would cost $9.95 shipping for you with no tax.

I might have to pick one of those up. The size and price is right and I have need for something that size. Thanks for the write-up!

I'm taking mine back for a refund due to the fan making noise. It was working fine and was very quiet, but now it makes a racket when you first turn it on. It takes a little while to calm down

I'm going to add a couple more $$$ and order another one from this ebay seller. They have an in store one year warranty. Universal has a short return period, then I suppose I'd have to ship this thing somewhere for warranty work.

New QJE PS30SWV 30 Amp Switching Power Supply with Digital Volt Amp Meter | eBay

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?