1. Marconi is the winner of the December WDX CB Club DX Contest! Please Congratulate him here!

QJE Switching Power Supply

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Mudfoot, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Supporting Member

I've been running this supply for the last few days. It's turning out to be a nice little supply. I thought I was hearing some pulse noise on 80 meters, but ruled the supply out causing it.

So far, I haven't heard any hash or interference caused by this supply. The controls are smooth and tight. The front and rear rocker switches are really tight.

So far, so good.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamps/4912.html

2. Mudfoot

Well, I woke up this morning and flipped the switch on the QJE and that tiny little fan in the rear started squealing and groaning. I've never heard a little fan make noise like that. It finally settled down. Guess I'll have to switch it with a better one.

3. TonyV225

TonyV225 Supporting Member

What was the cost with shipping on that supply? I am going to order one of those, I was looking for a small portable supply and had been looking at the little Pyramid 20 amp switching supply but this QJE seems nice.

4. Mudfoot

I picked it up from the store as I live 30 minutes away.

They have a flat rate shipping on their orders. This would cost $9.95 shipping for you with no tax.

5. TonyV225

TonyV225 Supporting Member

Very cool Thank You!!

6. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator Staff Member

I might have to pick one of those up. The size and price is right and I have need for something that size. Thanks for the write-up!

7. Mudfoot

I'm taking mine back for a refund due to the fan making noise. It was working fine and was very quiet, but now it makes a racket when you first turn it on. It takes a little while to calm down

I'm going to add a couple more $$$ and order another one from this ebay seller. They have an in store one year warranty. Universal has a short return period, then I suppose I'd have to ship this thing somewhere for warranty work.

New QJE PS30SWV 30 Amp Switching Power Supply with Digital Volt Amp Meter | eBay

8. RT2020

RT2020 Member

I thought you were looking at a 75 amp supply in another thread? This one is 30.

9. Mudfoot

Still looking at it.

10. hammer0630

hammer0630 Active Member

I just bought one also "QJE 50" I haven't used it yet but I am happy with how it is built.