• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioactive Wack Pack Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote from another forum that if true, shows that Kersnowski is the greatest salesman of all time

Ranger RCI63FFC4 400 watt 10 meter radio, converted, with RadioActive's SuperWackPack. Bought in the summer of 2008, has an added on external cooling fan in the back of the radio. The RX needle has an intermittent issue of not working sometimes, but keying the mic and letting go fixes the issue until the next time it occurs. I told RadioActive about it, but the problem never duplicated when it was in his hands. DOES NOT include the wiring harness from the battery to the radio. That harness I had professionally installed behind the dash and through the firewall and I am not taking it out. It would just require a quick disconnect plug and some 8 gauge wire with a 60amp fuse. Also DOES NOT include the extended bracket show in pictures. Comes with the stock chrome bracket.

$425, includes shipping to the lower 48 only, Paypal, Money Order, or Cashiers Check only, unless you are comfortable sending cash in the mail, but I would not recommend it. I will also include a new in the package, black Astatic 636L rubber coiled microphone. PM me with any questions.

Folks, this radio is a screamer! I have had so many good compliments on the sound of this thing. Between buying this radio originally from a non-sponsor, and then having to send it to RadioActive to fix it, & set it up RIGHT, I have over $900 into this unit, so for $425 I am losing some serious money on it. Pictures can be seen at the following link, which also includes a picture of the external fan that RadioActive installed.

I offer no personal warranty on this radio, radio is in working condition, (besides intermittent issue with the RX needle mentioned above) sold AS IS, & all sales are final.

Pics: http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad13 ... RCI63FFC4/

Click on thumbnail images for a larger view.

i'm not fan of radioactive , but why bring his wife into it by linking to her facebook page ??????

i'm not fan of radioactive , but why bring his wife into it by linking to her facebook page ??????
It was like the 3rd link in the link you posted..Not really a big secret..Beside the fact that if you're going to crook people,having a Facebook doesn't really make much sense because somebody is bound to find you..

And from reading many post about this Radioactive shyster, he is probably deserving of a good ass kicking..I've read a few post recently where that exact thing was mentioned they just needed an address..

It was like the 3rd link in the link you posted..Not really a big secret..Beside the fact that if you're going to crook people,having a Facebook doesn't really make much sense because somebody is bound to find you..

And from reading many post about this Radioactive shyster, he is probably deserving of a good ass kicking..I've read a few post recently where that exact thing was mentioned they just needed an address..

Dude,

That ain't cool what you just did.

I think the statement DTB made about the non wackpacked radio being twice as loud as the wackpacked radio is nonsense. The wackpacked radios I heard were loud as hell but not good sounding. The wackpacked radio problems are not loudness but clarity, lifespan, and messed up receivers.
The $80 charged for wackpacking radios is absurd too.

Last edited:
Reccomendations

Ok, i just read alot of post on someone I just ordered a mobile radio from about 2 days ago, i need to know how much of it is valid and if I need to order it else where and from where and what brand?

If you ordered it from the radiohacktive then yes, I would go some place else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.