• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RadioShack Discone Antenna

I just did a search on eBay and they have the RadioShack Discone new with free shipping listed at $45

discone antenna | eBay

I used that antenna for a long time, I gave it away and kicked myself in the ass ever since

I use mine exclusively for rx only, so I can't comment on tx capability. I've had it for about 15 years and I've never lost a radial, but I did use loctite and the jam nuts during assembly. The lower radials are hollow, so I can see where if it was subject to high winds it might snap one off though. it has served its purpose well over the years, but if I needed to replace it I would look at other options or make one. At $72 there's a lot of choices out there. ;) IIRC I paid $30 or something like that...but that was many moons ago.

I got a Diamond discone around here somewhere....I bought it from universal for $100...never put it up outside....just put it together in the house and used it for a while then took it apart and squirreled it away somewhere....the back of the set worked good enough for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.