• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI Ranger Out Of Business?

Well my first gen Taiwan made RCI2950 was insanely stable. I can not comment on the newest ones. They where easy to use while driving too. Maybe if they took the Stryker 955 gave it a second VFO, CW,DSP,built in EQ and 2950 control face in an AT-6666 package size. It would be nice if they went back to the older more robust encoder as well. Give it true PC interface so you can plug it into your desktop of laptop and control all of the radio's functions in Windows. Detable remote mounting face plate would be nice so you could put the radio any place you had space for it and put the control head/ faceplate where it could be read and reached easily! 10,11,12 and 6m would be nice too! Optional notch filters would be nice!!!

Sadly it is prob. the same old thing. If they find a way to make it any cheaper they will break if you just look hard at them! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.