1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Realistic Trc-485 knobs broken

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by killabee, Jun 17, 2010.

1. killabee

killabee Member

I bought a realistic trc-485 it works fine except..... The clarifier knob and the on/off volume knob are broken off. All the pieces are there. Does antbody know where I can find replacement parts? if not maybe the values of the controls so i can get them from the electronics shop?
    This radio is in perfect condition! I'd hate to junk it.
    Thanks

2. if the knobs are just busted or missing you can get knobs that will fit (but no look stock) at radio shack . i actually replace my clarifier knobs with larger ones from RS so that it is easier to tun in as the smaller knobs change more with the same finger movement . if the pots are dammaged or their shafts busted then you need to replace them .

3. killabee

killabee Member

The pots are broken. The local shop wants too much to replace them.
    I can do it my self but i dont know what th part numbers are and i dont know the values of the pots.
    I'm looking for replacements.
    Does anybody know wut to replace them with and where i can find them?
    I was hoping to replace them with new ones but if anybody can tell me where to find even used ones i'd sure appreciate it.

4. mackmobile43

mackmobile43 Jock Supporter

5. killabee

killabee Member

Thanks for all the help!.... numbers and Happy Fathers day!