• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic Trc-485 knobs broken

killabee

Jun 17, 2010
I bought a realistic trc-485 it works fine except..... The clarifier knob and the on/off volume knob are broken off. All the pieces are there. Does antbody know where I can find replacement parts? if not maybe the values of the controls so i can get them from the electronics shop?
This radio is in perfect condition! I'd hate to junk it.
Thanks

if the knobs are just busted or missing you can get knobs that will fit (but no look stock) at radio shack . i actually replace my clarifier knobs with larger ones from RS so that it is easier to tun in as the smaller knobs change more with the same finger movement . if the pots are dammaged or their shafts busted then you need to replace them .

The pots are broken. The local shop wants too much to replace them.
I can do it my self but i dont know what th part numbers are and i dont know the values of the pots.
I'm looking for replacements.
Does anybody know wut to replace them with and where i can find them?
I was hoping to replace them with new ones but if anybody can tell me where to find even used ones i'd sure appreciate it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?