• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Recently Experinced Forced Reboot on PC and Solution Win 10

Win10 is an outstanding platform. Doubt very much that it is the OS that failed. No doubt sounds like a hardware failure.
"Outstanding" like built-in advertising features that track the user, unless opted out of. (on by default) Microsoft has been known to download "security updates" in the background, sometimes these "forced" updates require a restart.

I'm just salty because Microsoft downloaded Windows 10 in the background into my root directory, while system updates are turned off! Then came the annoying pop-up trying to get me to "upgrade" for free, no thanks Microsoft. My ISP already can sell my browsing habits, I don't need or want Cortana phoning home, so I can (unknowingly) help M.S. generate revenue or build user profiles.

I'm mad about tech in general, I search "refrigerator" and get ads about new fridges, it is disgusting. (They brought the billboards off the street and put them right in front of our eyes, for sale to the highest bidder)

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
"Outstanding" like built-in advertising features that track the user, unless opted out of. (on by default) Microsoft has been known to download "security updates" in the background, sometimes these "forced" updates require a restart.

I'm just salty because Microsoft downloaded Windows 10 in the background into my root directory, while system updates are turned off! Then came the annoying pop-up trying to get me to "upgrade" for free, no thanks Microsoft. My ISP already can sell my browsing habits, I don't need or want Cortana phoning home, so I can (unknowingly) help M.S. generate revenue or build user profiles.
Being tracked is moot. MS will monitor app usage for development purposes.

Reactions: LeapFrog
i tried all you guys said still no boot. crazy thing is its only 1 year old. turned it off Christmas eve turned it back on in the morning no boot up.it had a 1 year warranty it lasted 1 year 3 days lol

Damn, 3 days!?
I'd call the company and see if anyone is human enough to give a hoot, that sucks!
I've heard of this happening before with TV sets, a month or two after warranty and something fails; what a sham(e)!

i tried all you guys said still no boot. crazy thing is its only 1 year old. turned it off Christmas eve turned it back on in the morning no boot up.it had a 1 year warranty it lasted 1 year 3 days lol
OK, I'll bite.
Who made it? (Dell, Hp, etc)
Do you have another power supply to borrow in order to test the failed computer - or 'box' (from here, it will be referred to as 'the box')
What kind of CPU (AMD or Intel)?
What brand/model of motherboard?
Spinning/type hard drive or solid state drive?
Is the CPU heatsink plugged up with debris and does its fan spin?
How many sticks of RAM?
What condition is the video cable in (chewed by cat or dog)?
When you start it up; do you hear any more than one beep? Like two beeps? Or three?
. . . for starters

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated