• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reference to convert Stryker Sr-655hp 10 Meter radio

Johnjr

Dec 1, 2015
Hello,

I'm new to your forum and I'm looking for someone with lots of experience to convert and adjust my radio.

Also, what is a good antenna for both the mirror on my dump truck as well as magnetic one to move around?

Thanks in advance!
John

Convert to what? A toaster LOL
Sorry I didn't spell it out clearly, I'm not real familiar with how these radios work. I bought a 10 meter radio from a co-worker.

I need to find a reputable radio technician, familiar with working on a Stryker radio.

I want it converted to being able to be used as a citizen band radio (CB)

Since these are useless on 10 meter, if you bought it used, it may alr3eady be converted.

You only need to hit that SMD resistor with a 15 watt pencil soldering iron for a millisecond for it to pop off the PC board for the conversion. Try not to use one of those big soldering guns that are like 100 watts.

I have a single Fire Stick antenna on the top of the driver's side western mirror on my bucket truck. I had to put the antenna there so the boom wouldn't hit the antenna when it nests for travel as it protrudes out over the cab. Not sure how far your bucket protrudes over your cab when its down.

If it wasn't for that clearance issue with the boom, I would have preferred to put a good mag mount or permanent mount antenna centered on the roof of the cab for better omni-directional performance. Resist the urge to put two antennas up like you see on the over the road trucks, unless you really only want forward and rearward directional performance. The 655 will have nice sounding AM transmit audio.

Reactions: Don_Q

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated