• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reputable CB Shops/Techs

For Las Vegas, this guy is a decent parts-changer. His tune sucks though.
https://www.facebook.com/KellysCbRadio/

Offers a free SWR test AND a free bench test!
Would have to be a tick off-centered to pass that up.
Let's see . . . I'm about a thousand miles away . . . that's only about 15 hours! And I've always wanted to know my radio's SWR. Anyone know if Cher's appearing in town anytime soon?

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I think you'll find these guys do a better job at calibrating test equipment.
https://www.pmc-calibration.com/calibration-services/

Offers Repair, Customization, Consulting AND Free Pick-up!
Only downfall I see is they don't accept ham equipment and only work on Midland CB's (mobile only, no bases).
However, their Electrical Calibration page shows the new Fluke CB I've been hearing about. Looks like it does Wideband and has Power Boost!
https://www.pmc-calibration.com/calibration-services/electrical-calibration/

Last edited:
Guy's you have one of the best repairman here on this site. most of you are not aware of him since he does not advertise. do not know if he is taking mail order's but you could ask him
nomadradio is his name. he helps people here on the site all the time. I have not met him personally but have talked with him on a forum for so many years I do not know how long it has been that we have been on the forum. give him a shot.

That's the one thing we still don't do.

The reasons begin with a lack of space, continue with a lack of skilled labor, and go on and on from there.

Our web site is 13 or 14 years out of date, but still states this up front.

The work we have done on that basis is pretty strictly for other shops, and mostly during the mid-summer and early fall "slow season". A professional technician usually knows how to pack equipment to arrive in one piece, and what to expect from it when the job is done. Biggest trouble we have had when I got talked into fixing "my buddy's" radio. A radio that arrives damaged is a money hole. If it's insured, the shipper will want to send it back. We unpack, inspect, call the sender, repack and hand it back to the UPS driver. All for free. Not a job I would apply for.

Just one problem. The "slow" season kinda stopped coming around a couple of years ago. Then again, the shops who sent us work that time of year keep closing.

Funny how that works.

Some day the volume of work that gets carried in the door will fall below the comfort threshold. And I'll have to choose between having work shipped in, or just go back to repairing tube-type guitar amplifiers.

Maybe.

But hey, thanks for the compliment, Sonoma.

hey guys,i hope you can help me i am in n.h. and it cost alot to send my stuff to bells or mikes radio repair. (i have used them both with good results) i can't find a good shop to save my life. i just bought a galaxy saturn and cobra 2000 and both need work. thanks for any help!.

hey guys,i hope you can help me i am in n.h. and it cost alot to send my stuff to bells or mikes radio repair. (i have used them both with good results) i can't find a good shop to save my life. i just bought a galaxy saturn and cobra 2000 and both need work. thanks for any help!.
Good is rarely found locally so if you found somebody good you should probably stick with them and pay the extra dollars for shipping since trying to save a nickel on shipping is going to cost you thousands of dollars over the long term.

Reactions: jon666
Good is rarely found locally so if you found somebody good you should probably stick with them and pay the extra dollars for shipping since trying to save a nickel on shipping is going to cost you thousands of dollars over the long term.
thanks rabbiporkchop,your right,i was also hoping to meet/talk to a human,you know what i mean! later

Decided to go ahead and re-post the list of actual working shops with hopes it will be of help to some.

Hopefully, people will share any good experiences they've had and report any unfavorable experiences in good taste. Here goes:

Click on name to visit site.

CB Man - Ohio/TN
Joanne's CB Repair - Detroit, MI
Circuit Master CB - Altoona, IA
First Class Radio - Granite City, IL
Truck City CB & Solar - Milton, WA
Oz Radio Dr. - Springfield, MO
Steel Rod's CB Shop - Remington, IN
Working Man's CB Repair - Amarillo, TX
Dub's CB Shop - Marshall, IL
Q5 CB Communications - DeForest, WI
I sent Dr. Oz (Steve Kerns) in Springfield a Galaxy 93T Jan-2nd, he don't keep me posted, and when I contact him he gets mad and tells me my radio has BUGS in it. I have to text he won't answer the phone, I've already paid him $240.00 CASH, I've ask him to just send it back but he wont and I'm at the point of pleading for some kind of satisfaction and being ignored. I told him I hated having to trust strangers so now he said I called him a thief. I have all this on my phone, I don't know what to do now but eat it? My rig was super clean used as a base so I guess I'll see it on EBAY

Last edited:
Reactions: Keto
I sent Dr. Oz (Steve Kerns) in Springfield a Galaxy 93T Jan-2nd, he don't keep me posted, and when I contact him he gets mad and tells me my radio has BUGS in it. I have to text he won't answer the phone, I've already paid him $240.00 CASH, I've ask him to just send it back but he wont and I'm at the point of pleading for some kind of satisfaction and being ignored! I told him I hated having to trust strangers so now he said I called him a thief. I have all this on my phone, I don't know what to do now but eat it? My rig was super clean used as a base so I guess I'll see it on EBAY!!
That's Springfield MO, I've not heard of him. It's 1.5 hours from here. Bad deal it sounds like.
Edit: years ago I delt with a mobile radio service up there. Dude met me in a parking lot got my 2950 that had been struck by lightning. Called me later while I was still in the city and said it was no good for anything asking if I wanted it back and I said no, which I regreted afterwards.
I'm not sure but I'm thinking it's a good possibility that was the same guy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated