• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Review: Battle of the Base Load Mobile CB Antennas

How many K40's I have that have "opened up" the tuning capacitor at any time? NONE, and I do run a little heat and own several K40's.

So your protestations of capacitors failing at random is nonsense!;)

Yes K40's are a little antiquated, they just work as long as you don't overdrive them.

99% of the people on this forum would agree with me..........didn't know I was protesting, just stating first hand experiences.

How many K40's I have that have "opened up" the tuning capacitor at any time? NONE, and I do run a little heat and own several K40's.

So your protestations of capacitors failing at random is nonsense!;)

Yes K40's are a little antiquated, they just work as long as you don't overdrive them.

The capacitor failing in the K40 is hardly a random event. I had to replace it twice and after that decided never to run more than an export radio could put out (about 50 watts) on the K40.

It is and was a pain in the keester to fix it each time. I got so fed up with it, that I gave it away to someone that wasn't running power too. It's OK for that.

After the Wilson 1000 was acquired, I was quite pleased with it until the option for the Sirio was presented to me. I've ran the Sirio ever since - and like it immensely. But at least I didn't give my Wilson 1000 away; it is my solid backup antenna. I think that it also has its weak points, but they can be lived with.

Someone recently gave me an open coil antenna. It is similar to the Browning BR-79; except that the coils is made of round wire instead of flat stock.

The antenna looks like this.
Can anyone identify it?
It didn't come with the black paint job - BTW . . .

Attachments

• PICT0309.JPG
    PICT0309.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 13
mite agree bout wilson 1000 over k40 barely, but i,d take the k30 over the lil will any day..a s far as the serio,who wants to run around with a 6 foot mobile antenna unless you live in the desert with no trees n u never go to the bank n mcdonalds..

recently killed the k40 on my workvan with 100w from an ic-706.
i had cut off the stinger to run on 10m.
500w my ass!
but it did work well while it lasted.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated