• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SB 200 makes a great Driver

Just something else to keep in mind with tube 'specs'. They are not the minimums, but are the maximums for good performance characteristics. They are representative of what the manufacturer feels is the 'best' results for that particular tube's normal usage. Those 'specs' can be 'pushed' a little with no huge harm done. The key word in that is 'little'. If those 'specs' are exceeded, you just blew the warranty, and that ought to tell you something. Not telling you anything new, am I. Just handy to remember...
- 'Doc

Is there anything you need to do to the SB-200 to work on 11 meters AM.

I thought the SB-200 needed 100watts drive? I'm going to use the one I just got for the ham bands, but would also like to use it on 11 meters being driven by my Golden Eagle MKIV if possible.

If it works like you said 30dk to 200 PEP: It would replace the Contex 6706 tube amp I use for 11 meter now.

100 watts pep max. You can run with less. You can use it with the browning but need to use a keyer.

60% Peak input power for peak output to the antenna power is a reasonable figure for a class B H.F. power amplifier.

2500 Watts input should yield the magic 1500 watt P.E.P. figure. If not then maybe it's not loaded properly, voltages are sagging like an old Mae West or peak emission is down.

I have an LK-2000 on the air. It meets this figure with a 3-1000. I also have a GS-35B and am waiting to convert. I'm also waiting for a little heavier plate iron that will fit in the pedistal.

Thanks. That was interesting.

I'm planning on using orange turbocharger hose for a chimney.

Done it before with other ceramic tOObs.

Winter project....
You won't be able to watch your tube glow. I am using a Coelman lantern globe.
Rich

Yeah you are right. I'm over watching tOOBs glow though.

If I want to see that funky ceramic glow I can just open one of the transmitter cabinets at work and peek at the IOT running 36kv.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.