• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shockwave Antenna

The only thing that might be misleading is "3x the size of a normal aluminum ground plane". This is true if were comparing the vertical element to a 1/4 wave ground plane. The size is in the ballpark of all other 5/8 antennas...for obvious reasons.

Maybe he is more referring to the materials used versus other antennas that are made by others like Maco and Sirio. It definitely looks like one stout ass antenna that will handle some wind load as well as bad weather!!

Looks like a really rugged built 5/8 wave antenna with excessive ground plane radials and not to mention the massive top hat. Slightly different impedance matching design than I have seen on others like Sigma Mantovas etc. Nothing feels better than a well built aluminum antenna.
Some thoughts: WAF Wife acceptance factor might be a challenge
This would surely be howling pretty loud in 110 mph storms at the west coast of Norway but it seems to be able to take some beating.
These designs are usually sensitive to electrical noise in urban areas.
The excessive radials might help with radiation angle for dx work. If you can't have a beam due to space this is the solution for vertical dxing.

Looks like a really rugged built 5/8 wave antenna with excessive ground plane radials and not to mention the massive top hat. Slightly different impedance matching design than I have seen on others like Sigma Mantovas etc. Nothing feels better than a well built aluminum antenna.
Some thoughts: WAF Wife acceptance factor might be a challenge
This would surely be howling pretty loud in 110 mph storms at the west coast of Norway but it seems to be able to take some beating.
These designs are usually sensitive to electrical noise in urban areas.
The excessive radials might help with radiation angle for dx work. If you can't have a beam due to space this is the solution for vertical dxing.
$350 is a little steep for a ground plane IMHO..

Reactions: wavrider
Well, you can tell by looking at it that it is likely aluminum. Let's get real it is not cast iron, not lead, nor brass what else do you need to know? Sometimes you guys can be a bit anal retentive.... Hello I am shopping for framing hammer's can you give me specifications for your hammer? Would it matter if the hammer was hafted with Brazilian Oak or Tennesse Hickory?

Well, you can tell by looking at it that it is likely aluminum. Let's get real it is not cast iron, not lead, nor brass what else do you need to know? Sometimes you guys can be a bit anal retentive.... Hello I am shopping for framing hammer's can you give me specifications for your hammer? Would it matter if the hammer was hafted with Brazilian Oak or Tennesse Hickory?

Eastwing!

Reactions: Fred Spoon
Maybe he is more referring to the materials used versus other antennas that are made by others like Maco and Sirio. It definitely looks like one stout ass antenna that will handle some wind load as well as bad weather!!

It was/is what I wanted to know. I'd like to see the build sheet.

I have seen one first hand, all I can say is that they are well built. A 5/8 wave will preform like any other 5/8 wave.

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated