• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Siltronix 1011c Transmit on CB Mod

RAINMAKERch19

Jun 16, 2011
I know someonoe hit this Before But i would like a more in depth
discripion on how to transmit in the 11 meter Band on a siltronix 1011c.
i just cant seem to understand.

Siltronix yahoo users group, lots of files and info there on how to restore, maintain and modify the silkies, they are good old rigs for what they are, and if aligned correctly and tuned properly they sure do get unsolicited audio reports.

I have several 1011C and D's,, now if I can find a B model.

couldnt tell you now,im in hospital...but when i get home i will post...i have one 1011c,and 5 1011d...great radios...if you dont want them to drift,turn them on and never turn it off...73s de JW

Ok listen i didnt ask for a lecture on how my radio works or how much it drifts, i know how it works and how it drifts. this radio has been completely rebuilt and works like it did new. the reason i use it and dont move on is because it works perfectly for what i want to use it for. the siltronix is a very nice radio. i dont use it to transmit anyway it is just a receiver for me. i have a collins radio to transmit it works on all meters. it dose not drift at all. i just want a schamatic that shows how to center tap the coil in the vfo to make it transmit in the cb mode. Thank you very much Zach

none of mine drift.

Mainly because i never turn it off,its on all the time.And i never tell what i am running,they would never know.I run it every day on 10 mtrs,and it peaks around 90 to 100 wts everyday,for the last 5 yrs i have had this one in line.73s de JW

Ok listen i didnt ask for a lecture on how my radio works or how much it drifts, i know how it works and how it drifts. this radio has been completely rebuilt and works like it did new. the reason i use it and dont move on is because it works perfectly for what i want to use it for. the siltronix is a very nice radio. i dont use it to transmit anyway it is just a receiver for me. i have a collins radio to transmit it works on all meters. it dose not drift at all. i just want a schamatic that shows how to center tap the coil in the vfo to make it transmit in the cb mode. Thank you very much Zach

if you know so much about how it works why are you here asking questions??

He was making a suggestion not lecturing. Relax. If this is any indication, I can tell your going to be a real asset to the forum. Oh and you need a spell checker.

i need fiber:D
ok fellas,i no this thread is very old but did not wanna start a thread for a few questions.
theres a 1011c in my home town that looks new on the outside,and there asking 150 obo or trade for it..it has been offered for a couple months now and still there..
i see eksewhere these for sale for up to 600 bucks.
would this be a good buy for me to for a start in the ham radio world,or is it better for a regular cb..
whats if mainly used for? and would i need a seperate antenna for it than for my regular cb etc etc,thank and merry christmas/with christ in it:)

i need fiber:D
ok fellas,i no this thread is very old but did not wanna start a thread for a few questions.
theres a 1011c in my home town that looks new on the outside,and there asking 150 obo or trade for it..it has been offered for a couple months now and still there..
i see eksewhere these for sale for up to 600 bucks.
would this be a good buy for me to for a start in the ham radio world,or is it better for a regular cb..
whats if mainly used for? and would i need a seperate antenna for it than for my regular cb etc etc,thank and merry christmas/with christ in it:)

I think you should have started a new thread. This one had a negative vibe to it. ;)

I like the Siltronix rigs, and ran one back ("C" model) in the 80's for a short while (borrowed from a friend). They really do sound sweet on the air, and I've talked to a few of them over the last few years... so it's not just foggy fond memories.

A fan/collector of them pointed out to me that people think they drift bad, and then also pointed out... "look ma, no clarifier"! Hence, the operator tuning to other stations and then being told he is drifting. I would not recommend one of these for a first HF rig, personally. You need to know what you are getting into, if the rig has been recapped, has good tubes, etc. And especially if it has good tubes, the finals in these have gotten kind of pricey. And if you don't tune it right, you burn up the tubes. Tuning it isn't hard, but lots of people don't "get it" and burn things up. And lots of times the pretty ones are the ones that weren't used, sat covered or in a box for 20 years, and the first time you fire it up, you'll find the caps have all dried up and the transformer blows. Just buy smart if you're going to get one.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated