• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio P 5000 Mobile

"And believe me the ground plane mount does make a difference in DX...."

I am sure it does................OMG

"this will not end good"

This is a 2 bagger...into the Lazyboy and the Flak Jacket....incoming!!!
:pop::pop:
All the Best
BJ:D

Aint that what we are here for??? To prove each other wrong and laugh at any thought that two set ups can be different and only one possibility exist... We do all look the same and our set ups are all the same LMAO !!! I mean there may be a slight variation in a few of our voices. There may be that one voice that could possibly carry a lil further down a long dark hall... Na that cant work :whistle::whistle::bdh::censored::D:pop:

"And believe me the ground plane mount does make a difference in DX...."

I am sure it does................OMG

"this will not end good"

This is a 2 bagger...into the Lazyboy and the Flak Jacket....incoming!!!
:pop::pop:
All the Best
BJ:D

i gotta dodge mini van also. i had a wilson 5k mag mount on it swr werent great until
i put it towards the rear you ever have same issue?i switched to a monkeymade mm9
and still had same issues swrs would raise towards the center.glad the sirio is working for ya!!!

I just recently added a Quad Magnet mount on top of my Dodge Caravan with a Monkey Made Round Coil 12" shaft, And i added a right angle stud and run 18' coax. Swr's are great. And i can go below Channel 1 and do some serious Dx'ing. Next week I am going to try a different Antenna from H&Y. I will have some results for Ya'll.

so, this antenna can be mounted onto a wilson 5000 roof mount?..... so239 mount?
what is the length of this antenna?

i have a z180 actually havent used it in 2or3 yrs heres my report
very close in tx strenth
slightly better rx maybe 1/2- s-unit
heres is the interesting part, at certain locations the wilson did better
other times the sirio did better. this happened in valleys for some reason
the wilson had less drop outs.the good part the sirio covered much more
bandwith then the wilson.my test unfortunately only had 1 local i trust
so i went 20 miles east,west, south, and north of him madse a nice
drive for a sunday. used fm mode .another thing i noticed is on a wilson mag mount
if i hit something hard enough the mount would actually move about
a inch .
so with that said is there a adapter i could use to mount the z180
on a tram tri pad i sold my wilson 5k w/ mount . just curious

I drilled a hole in roof of my car and used a 2" coax pl259 connector. Not the barrel connector but the 2" connector. Kinda like a hdm-1 with out the 1/2 egg. SWR like 1.1 on 1-40. Most of the time I'm outta town when I drive the car so I talk a lot of skip and it holds conditions well?? I did talk from Augusta Ga to Atlanta Ga ground wave and it was over 100 miles.

Robb is correct I actually have all the setup made here and will also do this mount setup with a quad mag mount. was going to do this with an outbacker type mutiband amateur antenna but havent messed with it yet.

Still using my Z-180. I have it on a Wilson mag mount too. Yeah; the whip is about 6 1/2 ft tall . . .

I got one of those in a buy something and get the Z-180 free from H&Y. The whip was three times the circumference of a Wilson whip and that antenna was very heavy. The coax was RG58 and the power handling claims were way off base.......needless to say it went in the garbage the next day. It was free but still not worth it. The Z-180s were made by RM/KLV and we all know how shitty their amps are. These antennas are not in the same league as the Wilsons.

I got one of those in a buy something and get the Z-180 free from H&Y. The whip was three times the circumference of a Wilson whip and that antenna was very heavy. The coax was RG58 and the power handling claims were way off base.......needless to say it went in the garbage the next day. It was free but still not worth it. The Z-180s were made by RM/KLV and we all know how shitty their amps are. These antennas are not in the same league as the Wilsons.
Too bad you didn't try it before you tossed it. I'd have given you $30 for it . . .

I have a Wilson 1000 and the Z-180, and I use the Z-180 every day and the Wilson as a backup now. The Z-180 and the Sirio 5000 seem to be built very similar to me - I doubt if one is better than the other - IMO. That extra length they use makes a difference. I wrote a review of those very two antennas - BTW.
http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-anten...load-mobile-citizens-band-radio-antennas.html

Can't say anything about the RM amps; never owned or used one. I do know they are AB biased and work OK so long as they aren't over-driven or under powered.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated