• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio P 5000 Mobile

according to sirio its DC grounded ..... meaning there's a tapped point on the coil inside .... its not a open circuit antenna like the wilsons .
...... or am i miss-understanding something ?

CB 27 MHz Mobile Antenna, TURBO-5000, PERFORMER-5000

i thought all of the 11 meter friendly RM mobile amps were class C ?

what you mean by dc grounded on a mobile antenna?sorry im not familiar lol.
is that good or bad for either antenna

Here is the other article i was trying to find...

Antenna Matching

"Whatever method you choose to achieve a match is fine, as long as the antenna element is DC grounded! There are two reasons for this.

First, DC grounding helps control static discharges from the antenna, thus reducing some of the received hash we all put up with. Secondly it is a safety issue. If the antenna were to come into contact with a live overhead power line, DC grounding will help prevent damage to your equipment and perhaps to you as well. There are several ways to accomplish DC grounding, and an RF match at the same time."

Too bad you didn't try it before you tossed it. I'd have given you $30 for it . . .

I have a Wilson 1000 and the Z-180, and I use the Z-180 every day and the Wilson as a backup now. The Z-180 and the Sirio 5000 seem to be built very similar to me - I doubt if one is better than the other - IMO. That extra length they use makes a difference. I wrote a review of those very two antennas - BTW.
http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-anten...load-mobile-citizens-band-radio-antennas.html

Can't say anything about the RM amps; never owned or used one. I do know they are AB biased and work OK so long as they aren't over-driven or under powered.

When I saw the RG58 coax, I couldn't use it. If I can't use something I am not going to waste my time testing it. With the the whip being so heavy and long on the 180 the magnet mount wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of keeping that antenna on the roof. Hit one tree limb 3/4 of the way up the whip and it's knocked off and in the bed of the truck rolling around if I am lucky. The Wilson I had owned at the time can be hit anywhere from halfway up the whip and the magnet wouldn't move an inch.
The way the coax was hooked to the mount was so half ass it was comical.
One man's junk is another man's treasure.

When I saw the RG58 coax, I couldn't use it. If I can't use something I am not going to waste my time testing it. With the the whip being so heavy and long on the 180 the magnet mount wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of keeping that antenna on the roof. Hit one tree limb 3/4 of the way up the whip and it's knocked off and in the bed of the truck rolling around if I am lucky. The Wilson I had owned at the time can be hit anywhere from halfway up the whip and the magnet wouldn't move an inch.
The way the coax was hooked to the mount was so half ass it was comical.
One man's junk is another man's treasure.

you did know that the z180 would screw onto your current wilson mount ?
i knowthe magnetmount/coax on the z180 wasnt great.yes the whip was thicker and longer
than a wilson but mounted high on the roof of my mini van it never fell over /or off.
and that was going 35 mph on my back road.now the antenna wasnt perfect the
one thing and only 1 thing i didnt like was down on the bottom there is a swivel
that loosened up it would allow the antenna to fold over.this i find had to be really
tight i didnt care for that considering you could just unscrew it from the mount
just like a wilson.too bad you didnt at least test it you would have a different opinion

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated