1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

STAY AWAY FROM THE WEB SITE WALCOTT.COM SELLING HAM RADIO PRODUCTS!

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by cuccioloneus, Aug 28, 2011.

1. cuccioloneus

cuccioloneus Member

Hi everyone!

I want to tell you a very bad experience i had these days with the online merchant WALCOTT.COM I had tried to place some orders with them,but every order i had placed with them have been cancelled. My shipping and billing address matched and my credit card was okay. i contacted customer service,but all the operators behaved in a very bad-mannered and dirrespectful way and you can't imagine the way how they mistreated me!
    they said to me only that they couldn't ship to me and not the reason. Every time i called customer service they hung up the phone in my face!
    hanging up a phone on a person is one of the most disrespectful things a person can do. especially if two people are just trying to get an understanding not screaming or anything negative. I was very frustrated and depressed because of this terrible experience! So i suggest to stay away from that merchant! Besides they invited me not to place other orders with them. everything i'm saying is true and God is withness! Please,tell me the procedure i should follow to rate a web site and blacklist bad web sites.
    On the web site CB Radio Shop Review - CB Radios, CB Antennas, CB Links click on the link RADIO SHOP REVIEWS and you will see it is rated six stars! They even blocked my Ip address!

Thank you.
    Giuliano
  2. Wire Weasel

Wire Weasel Senior Moment

So what's the rest of your story?

I bought a Galaxy export mobile from them 3 years ago. The service was great and super friendly. Perfect job on the conversion and peak & tune.

They are a store that is in business to sell things and make money in the process. They must have what they think is a legitimate reason for declining a sale to you.

So what is really the problem?
  3. pro151

pro151 Supporting Member

The fact that he is in Italy but is using a US address probably scares them. That and the language barrier if his English is not the best in the world.
    Still no reason to be rude, a simple explanation of why the sale is being declined would suffice.
  4. GLR

GLR Keeping It Good Natured

I wouldn't sell to you either.
  5. pro151

pro151 Supporting Member

How is the weather in Nebadon?
  6. TonyV225

TonyV225 Supporting Member

All they needed to do was explain to this fella why there was a problem its as simple as that. There is no reason to HANGUP the phone on someone its dissrespectful and extremely insulting!! Asimple explanation to this gentlemen would have stopped his further calling them. Not a good way to run a business.
  7. GLR

GLR Keeping It Good Natured

I wouldn't sell to him because I am not in the business of selling radio related products.

Idiot.
  8. loosecannon

loosecannon break on through

so, really you should have rephrased your initial statement saying instead:

i COULD not sell to you either. LOL

LC
  9. loosecannon

cuccioloneus,

not that its an excuse for the way they behaved, but these days identity fraud is so rampant that many companies are wary of selling to people in other countries.
    its probably because they wouldnt have much chance of prosecuting the person who defrauded them.

please post back if you have similar problems with other US companies.
    LC
  10. loosecannon

just looked at walcott's site, and it clearly states that they only ship to the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
    LC
  11. mackmobile43

mackmobile43 Jock Supporter

If he uses a U.S postal address then he meet any and all of their requirements for shipping.

BUT if his credit card address is in Italy then there is a BIG problem and flags start waving.

And why does Walcott have the export radios in the cb radio section and not it's amateur/ham section?
  12. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Active Member

He was probably calling collect....Either that or Walcott was getting stuck with Out of the Country calling rates...I'd hang up on his butt too!:D
  13. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

i wouldn't buy from Mormon Jesus ;)

iv had decent service with walcott.com
    a few items were borken upon deliver, but was fixed asap in a timely matter.
  14. psycho

psycho Supporting Member

There must be more to it than what was posted. When a transaction is posted to my visa account that is considered unusual, my bank calls me to verify the transaction(s). Wasn't Italy considered one of the original axis of evils?
  15. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur Staff Member

Probably because they are not fooled by the "10 meter" claim either. :D