• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Steel tube amp

I think he is thinking of one of these?
Eimac 3cx3000a1 Power Triode Tube.

521790531_o.jpg

I think he is thinking of one of these?
Eimac 3cx3000a1 Power Triode Tube.

521790531_o.jpg

You'll want to avoid the "A1" and "A3" versions of the 3CX3000 for linear amplifier use. They are low and medium mu (gain) tubes suitable for grid driven application such as modulators. The high gain "A7" version is much more desirable for cathode driven RF amps.

You'll want to avoid the "A1" and "A3" versions of the 3CX3000 for linear amplifier use. They are low and medium mu (gain) tubes suitable for grid driven application such as modulators. The high gain "A7" version is much more desirable for cathode driven RF amps.

Yeah.....when skip is rolling....guys that key down and monologue for a long time must have a ceramic tube amp....to handle them long key downs?

Make sure that you put a good thick aluminum foil hat on to protect you from alien life contacting your station or you will be sorry.

hat??? I can think of some where else that might need some protectin,..... jus sayin:blink:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.