• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Striker Antennas from Oklahoma City

Why are you on this forum?

• Total voters
there ya go, cant beat a 10k. buy one, you wont be disappointed. the man himself mentioned it. It a 10k world........

I wouldnt mind trying a 10K I had one a few years back but it was the 27 inch shaft and was way to big for the roof of my wifes van she seen me put it up and said HELL NO!!! So off it came and I gave it to a buddy for his Semi big truck. he loves it. He mounted it on a crossbar behind the sleeper or cab.

I was always curious how that antenna would have worked for my wife on 10 meters. She was recently running a Solarcon Gold because of an issue with her Wilson but I just made a stud mount for her Wilson 5000 and now she has that back on with a groundplane kit. She was having SWR problems last spring so I put a new stinger on the Wilson with no prevail so off it came. I was thinking about it and got out and SO239 to 3/8 inch stud mount and put the Wilson on that and problem solved 1.3 on 10 meters and 1.5 on 11 meters without using the AT-50 antenna tuner on her Kenwood TS-50.

Im guessing the magnet mount for the Wilson has seen better days and needs a rebuild as others Ive had needed although for some reason the SWR is more even and better than it ever was the way its setup now with quad magnet mount. This Nugatron I have is nice but I just got it for my collection of hard to find items.

Kale I have been thinking about one of your dual coil antennas and was wondering the overall length of that particular antenna and if there also different shaft lengths available? Or what you would suggest?

i had a coiley too heavy, and also 10k corrosion so bad had to take to machine shop to get stinger out to retune for bigger amp, neither came close to a ss whip for performance my tech sez monkey made, is better than all never tried but would b interested in trying nugatron.
see ya 33 top side of cold cold great lakes

Best antenna I've ever use is a Nugatron, made by Dennis Patterson in Percell, OK. I understand he's not in the antenna business anymore. Its a shame. I've run one for the past 15 years now. Can't say enough good things about this antenna. Wish I could buy a couple more just to have.

Texas outlaw a pic:

Attachments

• Nugatron (511x640).jpg
    Nugatron (511x640).jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 32
I wonder how many of you from Oklahoma remember the Maverick antenna's?

I had one and this shop on I-40 at the earlsboro exit tried to convince me the predator 10k was a better antenna. Finally after twenty minutes of his sales pitch I said look let's put one on the car and I'll give a shout to somebody and have them compare the two. I had a Galaxy pluto Texas star Vplus modulator I keyed 4 and swung 110. The guy said I would have to buy the antenna and if I didn't like it he would give me my money back. After what seemed like an hour of back and forth he finally said ok, I think to shut me up lol.

He put the antenna on my car and we set the swr. I hollered at a guy I knew about 20 miles away and he asked what I did to my radio? The guys guys was ear to ear smiles until I asked what he meant? He said I hear you but you have no signal. I put the Maverick back on and hollered at him and he said there we go you are louder and have signal.

The cb shop I used in OKC said predator antenna's we're new and the guy copied the Maverick antenna's design. At that time he was marketing them like crazy. The guy that made the Maverick antenna wasnt making as many and the cb shop couldn't keep them in stock. They eventually started selling predator 10k's because waiting months to get 12 Maverick's was hurting business.

If I was going to get into Dxing again I would give predator another try and mount one on my minivan. But right now I can't convince my wife I need that kind of rig lol.

Anybody know how I can get another Striker?
I had one that I bought from the guy at the TA Truckstop in OK city,OK back in 2002, but I got relieved of it.......
Want another........
Need another........
Gotta have another........
I am ruined as far as mobile goes........

'nough said!!!

Please help!!!!!!

DX_949
I'm also looking for a Striker antenna. I have a Predator antenna but the coil is not removable like the Striker so I can't put my wrap on it. My Striker was stolen off my truck while I was sleeping.

From circa 2008.
About the time when we can remember all the cb Rambos in full war around I40 and Morgan rd.

I would avoid the truck stops in that area for that reason, however myself and another driver once ventured in bobtail to see what striker cb shop was all about. Not much for merch display.

There were those drivers that swore by their striker antennas though, and I can say that they did in fact transmit to my radio.

Lots of BIG radios on the road in those days.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated