• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HP SSB - hitting stores this week

A close fiend of mine one town over just bought one and he has been using it on SSB. Ill say this much, IM IMPRESSED!! Yeah the silly lights and noises are kinda hokey but it does perform on SSB just as well on AM. We have talked back and forth on 10 meters and its just as stable on 10 as it is on 11.

Just a follow up in case I forgot to update what corrected my no-communication issue with the radio and the PC.

You need to have the Stryker factory supplied USB cable. It is proprietary to the radio. Others will not work and my radio did not have the cable with it when I purchased it. Stryker will send you the cable if you need it.

I use this Stryker SR 955 HPC 90% of the time as my base rig on 11 meters. Yeah I have browning, tram, yaesu, cobra and all kinds of modern RCI, but this radio has a hifi like sound using a good desk mic such as a Turner +2 SSB. Since I live in the woods, the extra sensitive receiver is good for me to pick out those far away locals late at night.

If you are dis-satisfied with the 955 and you have a clean working unit, let me know, because I'd love to have another one for use in the truck! Lets see what I have to trade...maybe a clean Ranger RCI-6300F-150 Turbo with factory box? ;)

PC connection

Stryker will send you the right cable if you ask them.
Alternately open the radio up and remove the plug connected to the mini USB port at the back of the radio and plug in your AT-5555 cable to the socket on the board and off you go. Make sure the wire colours in the AT-5555 (or equiv) plug match the positions in the plug you are removing.
Worked a treat for me. You will usually only have to program it once. I left the mini USB unconnected once I had programmed the radio.
And yes it is a good radio, but like all of these types just a tad too much white noise unless you turn the rf Gain back a little..but then the weak signals also start to disappear. Do some one on one RX tests with some other radios of a different type and you will quickly see what I am talking about. Pity because it really does out talk just about everything else in its power range.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.