• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HP SSB - hitting stores this week

If I were to buy any new export this would be the one Ide buy forsure These are outstanding radios and apparently rock solid!! ABOUT TIME!!!

I just watched a YouTube video on it. What's up with the color changing stuff??? add clowns and popcorn and it's a circus.

Haha thats awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK8YyvicgrQ&sns=em

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

$350 Range? For a 60-70w radio?

I was thinking about one...but not at that price range...Time you add S&H, and any P&T or conversion for 11 Meter, you would be looking at over $400...:eek:

I think the price is high as well BUT I have to again say that's just the rumor I heard on price. Until dealers actually get their stock from the distributors and start listing pricing I have no idea what the actual pricing will be from dealers. Certain dealers buy way more volume, some buy direct so who knows, maybe they'll end up being $289 or something.

If I were to buy any new export this would be the one Ide buy forsure These are outstanding radios and apparently rock solid!! ABOUT TIME!!!

"Apparently rock solid?"

How did you come to that conclusion? No one has ever used one, and they have been on the drawing board for years now...Not to mention all the delays in production for one reason or another...

They may indeed be the next best thing to white bread...But then again, thats what American Motors thought of the Pacer and Gremlin too...:whistle:

...just saying.

Reactions: 2 people
"Apparently rock solid?"

How did you come to that conclusion? No one has ever used one, and they have been on the drawing board for years now...Not to mention all the delays in production for one reason or another...

They may indeed be the next best thing to white bread...But then again, thats what American Motors thought of the Pacer and Gremlin too...:whistle:

...just saying.

I think he ment stryker in general builds good radios.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

They build good radios I could give 2 $h!+s about the (glorified CB world) because ther 98% drifting sailboats as far as SSB use. Theres a reason they were on that drawing board for so long and I have been keeping tabs on these I knew what these radios were going after as far as build and that the SSB was there main concern since their AM was great The only 10 meter radio I run if I do run it on 10 meters is the RCI 2950DX because I dont have any intentions of being the captain of a ship when all I want to do is talk on my radio.

I had talked to someone that was involved with the construction and design of this radio on and off for the passed few years about this SSB radio and was actually getting anxious for this to come out to the market for consumers. Good things come to those who wait I guess. As far as the next best thing to sliced bread you go right ahead and put your peanut butter and jelly on your radio if thats your deal or thing LMAO!!

Im cautious after i got my a$$ bit by that Magnum S9 POS! All i did was chase the clarifier on that radio.........

Reactions: 1 person
Oh noo they dont drift!!!! LOL!!!!!!! I know a lot of guys like the Magnum S9 because they are "loud on AM" (big whoop!) but for me i like to get on SSB and rag chew. I couldn't do that with that drifty sailboat of a radio radio. I sold it to a trucker who loves it.. I later got an RCI 2970 N2 and i loved that radio... if i get the extra cash ill get another N2 but ill NEVER own another Sam Lewis radio again................. Sorry guys....:unsure:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.