• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HP SSB - hitting stores this week

Are you sure about the cable?

Tons of software programs out there for export radios????

I only know of a couple, unless you've written the remaining and are keeping them to yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
cable

I don't think any mini USB cable will work. It may fit but the cable will have a built in serial converter.
The cree looks exactly the same from the back, cable position in identical spot and the normal cables do nothing. We tried. As per the programming...it is free.
Once it is released it will be copied and distributed just like the rest of the anytone variants already out in the market.
JMHO

I'm always amazed by the amount of $ some will pay for a CB.

Now HERE'S a $400 radio:

ft840-1-radioaficion-com.jpg

...used, that is.

Reactions: 4 people
Now i can see giving $400.00 for a used 840!!!! I can use that radio and get the best bang for my buck because i am a ham. Paying $400.00 for a glorified CB that has 'purty lights and roger beeps of all kinds is a waste of $$, but hey to each their own. I think the Stryker is aimed at the AM er crowd more than anything else..^^ ab v c^^

After testing output last night, this radio is doing 70-80 watts and so if you were going to compare the price to a Magnum S9-80 it's falling in line with the pricing on that 80 watt radio.

The receive is very sensitive on this radio.

cbmagman , when you get finished with reviewing it can you give us your opinion of how it's TX and RX compare to the 29xx radios ?
thanks .

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think any mini USB cable will work. It may fit but the cable will have a built in serial converter.
The cree looks exactly the same from the back, cable position in identical spot and the normal cables do nothing. We tried. As per the programming...it is free.
Once it is released it will be copied and distributed just like the rest of the anytone variants already out in the market.
JMHO

He won't need the software, he writes his own. Sounds like some sort of genius, either that, or he likes 6 beeps.

Last edited:
What a disappointment that the cable and software was not included. Just means more $$$

Oh come on.. The cable is a very standard USB cable that fits about 80-85% of all the cameras, mp3 players etc. If you gotta get one at walmart, will set you back about $3.00

As for the software, I write my own, but, I am sure that there are tons of packages out there that will let you do basic stuff...

Not sure about anything else on this rig, I have been calling around to see if I could get some specifics, but either they have sold their initial allotment, or just are not answering the phone.

Good luck!

When you buy your radio and discover your USB cable from your printer does not work, come back here to find out what you need. Oh, and show us a demo of your software, I might buy a copy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.