• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HP SSB - hitting stores this week

Went to the CB shop that was supposed to get some of the 955's yesterday. He got two of them in last Wednesday and sold both this last Friday. Said he got $465 for each one. (with his peak and tune and taxes included) He would not tell me how he converted the radios. But, he did say that neither radio had the software or USB cable in the box.
Also, he said that Stryker is already making some changes. It seems that "peaking and tuning" the radios are not that easy. Well, not as easy has he was used to doing!
So, he says that they are adding some trimmers so they will be easier to setup.
He did say that they both looked good and seemed to work fine. Max output was just a bit shy of 80 watts. But, he really did not like the SMD stuff. Like a lot of guys who only do thru-hole stuff, he is worried about the SMD components. I guess he is afraid he cannot make good enough contacts soldering and will have some returns!
So, still did not get by in time to actually see one. Maybe, when his next shipment arrives (doesn't know when that will be, due to the changes Stryker is making) I'll get
to actually see one. But, at $465 out the door, that is still a lot for a single band (well, it will do 10 meters too, just not very well after P & T) radio.
trucker

wow $465 for a CB,

thats why i never bought a new Browning mk3 or mk4 or a new D201...for that you could get a nice used hf rig...i thought it bad getting a new rci2950dx...$465 would get you a nice ft101 and some left over,or a td40 or even a Icom 761 73 de JW

IMO, this rig is marketed for the gadget lover, prankster and simpletons that are easily mesmerized by pretty lights, knobs and beeps.

It's like shaking car keys in front of a baby, they get all giddy and stuff.

I think this radio is downright stupid. The price is even stupid. The shops that sell this radio are stupid. Of course, the guys that will buy this radio will think it's the coolest assed radio out there.

Here's my review. I think it's a stupid honky tonk boner inducing radio.

That's my opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
What a disappointment that the cable and software was not included. Just means more $$$

Oh come on.. The cable is a very standard USB cable that fits about 80-85% of all the cameras, mp3 players etc. If you gotta get one at walmart, will set you back about $3.00

As for the software, I write my own, but, I am sure that there are tons of packages out there that will let you do basic stuff...

Not sure about anything else on this rig, I have been calling around to see if I could get some specifics, but either they have sold their initial allotment, or just are not answering the phone.

Good luck!

TROLL

IMO, this rig is marketed for the gadget lover, prankster and simpletons that are easily mesmerized by pretty lights, knobs and beeps.

I think this radio is downright stupid. The price is even stupid. The shops that sell this radio are stupid. Of course, the guys that will buy this radio will think it's the coolest assed radio out there.

That's my opinion.

Awwwww.....come on...Don't hold back....Tell us what you really think of this new radio!:love:

Reactions: 1 person
I still can't get over the looks. As I mentioned in another thread, it's a little too "pimp my ride" for me. And after not getting over the looks, I really can't get over the price. There are too many good, solid SSB exports out there, as well as the already mentioned used HF rigs that you can buy for less. And then there's the SIX roger beeps. Thanks but no thanks.

Still laughing at m42duster's review. Good stuff! :laugh:

RT307

That's my opinion.
WHAT????? :eek: You no likey lights??? What'sa matta with you?????
Now, tell me you wouldn't buy it if it was half that price!!
:D
trucker

Too flashy for me. I guess im old school. Ill keep my old junky HR 2510, Galaxy 88, Realistic TRC 449, Cobra 148 GTL, Sears Roadtalker 40 SSB, ect ect......
I dont need a fancy radio to talk on......
if i buy another NEW radio ill just get a RCI 2970N2.. i had one and regret selling it.....

That's my opinion.

YEEEEEHAWWW! Them thar fancee rayydeeoos is purty!!! :tongue:

I hate to say it but if they dont drop the price it wont last long... There are too many radios out there for far less money!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe if they didn't hire a design team that were all pimply faced, 20 year old Devry grads, they could make something decent.

Use the money spent on all that changing lights and beep shit and throw it at the front end where it counts.

This radio is not an export, it's a damn stupid overpriced toy.

In all my years...this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I am not looking forward to hearing the plethora of individual beeps coming out of this idiot box either.

Has to be a bunch of tools and wankers that pull into Stryker's parking lot each morning.

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to really get into the radio yet - they sent me the USB cable but I'm still waiting on software.

Also haven't gotten any info on conversion process yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?