• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker slimmed down SR-447 HPC2

BBB

Jan 17, 2012
Saw this new 50 watt SR-447 HPC2 AM/FM 10 meter transceiver while perusing the Stryker radio site. It appears to be a slimmed down version so it will fit better in mobile applications.

Big sound claim also "SR-447 HPC-2 also features internal treble and bass adjustment for the receiver that helps in noise reduction, specifically white noise. Full, Rich HiFi modulation add depth to your message enhancing your voice as well as keeping it loud"

Haven't seen the entire inside yet, so I'm not sure what chassis is based off of:

http://strykerradios.com/store/10-meter-radio-sr-447hpc2/

01.jpg

10366068_985991308104067_1251880181142389731_n.jpg

Last edited:

Update: Bells shows them "coming soon" at a $230 price point.

Simon mentioned that they are based off the QX6666 chassis. I don't think they've reached the US in bulk yet.

Not sure of the expansion mod on the 497 HPC2 yet, but the 6666 allows conversion without having to open up the case.

From the thread: http://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/anytone-6666.165502/page-3

"Does anyone know the key sequence to unlock the AT-6666 to expand beyond 28.0-29.7 MHz? " "Yes I do hold menu and band buttons then turn on the radio go to CB Band then hold menu to select band"

I'd really like to hear one to check if the audio is as wide-banded as Stryker claims or is at least as wide as the 955HPC transceiver.

Reactions: LeapFrog
How do we convert stryker 447 hpc2 to 11 meters, I'm kinda stuck. Also mod limiter vr or other. Thanks

Last edited:
If its the same type board as the anytone 6666, it will be most likely menu changes. Read above.
Hold the MENU and BAND buttons, turn radio on, go to CB BAND, then hold MENU to select band. Give it a try. If it's not menu changes then it won't do anything. If it is, you are good to go. Never know until you try though. I would try this before popping the lid and removing things. JMHO. Good luck and hope you get it opened up for full coverage that the radio will do.

The new stryker 447hpc number (2) second edition is completely different from the old, no con pin to jump. No hold down menu buttons to press still trying to figure it out. Thanks for helping out.

Reactions: Bandit14
Have you tried to program it with the USB port on the back? Yes you will need a proper USB cable. But it appears you program it using the small USB port on the back next to the ext speaker jack.

The new stryker 447hpc number (2) second edition is completely different from the old, no con pin to jump. No hold down menu buttons to press still trying to figure it out. Thanks for helping out.
I am curiius if you have figured this out.. I too am trying to figure this out

I am curiius if you have figured this out.. I too am trying to figure this out
No have not figured it out yet just put it on the back burner for now have other radios I can use, found out there's a new and old model, the old has cluster of resistors under the top cover right corner like the connex 3300 galaxy 55 etc. But I don't no for sure if that's b.s. still looking

Bass and Treble controls shown on the board @ 8:30

Okay, I think he points out some apparent mods for the SR 447HPC2 radio on a sheet of paper @ 0:11 - 0:13 (Audio/ receive related ? Not sure but you can freeze it and read it)

Here I think he appears to show two standard resistors removed to "open it up" @ 3:58 - 4:03 then shows approximate location on the bottom of the board. Weird that they are standard ones in an SMT board. Easier to grab, haha. Then I believe he shows the same location of the same removed resistors (R297 + R299) on the top side of the board @ 7:28- 7:31.

Can Anybody confirm Removing R297 & R298 on the Stryker SR_447HPC2 is the Frequency Mod? (y)

Last edited:
Jesus I had to stop watching that last video after 20 seconds. Can he jiggle the camera a little more maybe, then his $hitty video would be completely unwatchable. I hope he tunes radio's better then he can film.

Reactions: NZ8N and binrat
I just pan thru the videos to find the mods. Already know what the radio does, haha. That's why I posted the frame times on the posts above to help you from looking into the sun too long.

R297 / R299 removed, the radio I have don't have those size resistors in the video your looking at, another newer model made i guess. Remove those resistors and go to above anytone 6666 front pannel and perform that expanded frequency function, d band is cb. It took me a little bit on the front panel but it's going just fine. Need usb cable to customize radios functions, instant swr when you key up, Roger beep sounds, mod adl, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBB
The frequency mod is done with the programming software available on the Stryker website. You will need their USB cable as well. It's about $12 shipped.

Try holding menu and band buttons then turn on the radio go to CB Band then hold menu to select band.
This was posted on another forum. It appears this radio shares the same board as many other exports being sold today. It's all menu driven. Hope this helps.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?