1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Super Loop UHF Beams Co-Phased Array

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Antennas' started by Monkee, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Monkee

Monkee Member

{Moved to Amateur Radio Antenna Section to allow greater participation in thread -Moleculo}

Hello Gents:

Here is the long awaited Super Loops UHF Co-Phased Beams with full specs. Can't wait until I pump couple kw into this setup, need to see if I can contact E.T.

Henry (k9kao)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. FatHam

FatHam Administrator Staff Member

Hmmmm... No mas horizontal elements? I wonder if the whole vert/horz polarization motor idea is out the window...
  3. FatHam

FatHam Administrator Staff Member

I guess for those readers that haven't been following the local development of KI6IUJ's "SuperLoop", I should clarify my comment above...

I've had a 2M SuperLoop for over a year now. In fact, it's serial #002. I love it. One of the features is that the driven element is set up to rotate 90 degrees changing the polarization from vertical to horizontal via a remote control. While this can be done with more than one feed point, doing it physically has a number of advantages when it comes to both loss and pattern.

Gregg/IUJ has changed gears on the motor assembly, which required him to make to new housing molds, etc... I was going to post a review on the set-up once all of the bells and whistles were in the air. I still will (Gregg? Motor?) once I finish it up.
    superloop.jpg
    This is the five element model due to space issues that I have, but his eight element and stacked eight element units are killers.
  4. KI6IUJ - SuperLoop

KI6IUJ - SuperLoop Member

UHF VHF Contest Season is Almost Here

Hey Henry, I too am looking forward to using a stacked pair. Need that power-divider. I would also like to remind everyone that 446.000 FM simplex is a fun place to test your stations effectiveness. While there is not a lot of traffic there, there are diehard UHF folks lurking, so give it a try. 73 - Gregg aka-SuperLoop
  5. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator Staff Member

So when are they going to be generally available and what will be the cost? Also, do you have plots and specs for the 2m antenna?
  6. KI6IUJ - SuperLoop

KI6IUJ - SuperLoop Member

2 meter SuperLoops

2-meter SuperLoops as well as 70 cM SuperLoops are all available. For more info email me at: s9radio@aol.com
    Hello,

Attached Files: