• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Talked to WalMart Today on a HT?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are a couple of excerpts from the MURS regulations that I believe have been overlooked by most people in this thread.

While I am not trying to dissuade anyone from doing anything, I thought it might be fair to mention those regulations.

This is a good point for anyone who considers harassing wal mart! Just sayin....!
n9zas

it would be funny if you executed your plan against walmart.

in the meantime walmart lawyers troll the internet with your information and comes across this site and reads the thread....

And uses it against you, then you lose.

Pre-meditative....

That would be funny for stupidity...

it would be funny if you executed your plan against walmart.

in the meantime walmart lawyers troll the internet with your information and comes across this site and reads the thread....

And uses it against you, then you lose.

Pre-meditative....

That would be funny for stupidity...

The guy calls himself "Pork Chop"...you expected something more?

As Bob Marley said: Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!

and always have a copy of the FCC rule book with you and prehighlighted sections relevant to any issues you may think you will come across.

- Bill

there is a town officer posted at walmart 24 hrs a day here at this branch. and they have a walmart radio with them at all times. i don't know why they are there, but i see them everytime i go to wally world. the only reason i mentioned me being a ham was because i thought they would realize that i wasn't some punk kid messing around with a walkie talkie.

The police are always at the Walmart in my town....mostly writing up accident reports in the parking lot. Walmartians would fight each other for a parking spot 10 ft closer to the door because most of them make Fat Bastard look thin.

Wallmart!

Yes they use 154.600 almost in any state. You have not done anything
bad as long as you do not jam there coms. I always say
hello to wallmarts when going near them but try not to upset
them! The store at martinsburg wv has a bad manager who
will get upset when you come on that freq. I sent that store
a copy of the rules for M.U.R.S!

Heh heh heh....thought I'd share even if this is an old post.

I found out the Wal Fart 20 miles away uses 154.600 as their communications channel.

I was passing by with the radio on scan (I have the MURS frequencies programmed) and heard them as I was passing Wal Fart. Passed by later in the day and they were still on. Pulled off to get a bite at the drive thru next door and started talking to them....

Me: Is there anyone that can run over and help someone in the toy aisle?
Them: Yeah there's 5 of us standing here
Me: (in my best Bill Lumberg voice) Um yeah if you could just um go over there and help them, that would be great.

Them: Hey (Wal Fart employee) you want to go on break?
Me: Can I go take a smoke break?
Them: I guess so...who are you?
Me: I am (some made up name)
Me: ......I'm pretty sure I'm on your payroll:D

Them: We definitely need some help over here.
Me: There's a bum out by the road who is looking for a job. (there really was, holding a sign and all)
Them: I don't know who this is but you need to get off the radio these are Wal Fart radios
Me: Wrong, these are MURS frequencies, they're for anyone to use. (y)

Reactions: 4 people
i like that idea! however, it's not a rent-a-cop stationed at the walmart...... it's a deridder town officer, stays on premises at all times. i still think the plan would work, though. i will look to see if there any MURS type accepted radios at that branch. even if i could get them off walmart.com and had them sent to site to store. that would be great. (y)

guys im noone to quote the law and hell, im on the freebands and murs myself.
im no angel .
when it comes to messing with stinking ass cops i would let it go . they have a (police 10 code )in NC a 10-71 is improper use of radio. just another bs charge to get money from the public.

I personally think its awesome that walmart is on murs . i can listen and even taunt them when i hear profanity from an employee ... (i aslo sometimes sit in the car when wife goes in and i eavesdrop and shoot the breeze with the employees . its fun and if its illegal oh well . but i will never mess with a cop or their inflated little man ego moonlighting at wally world .
talking on the radio is fun . yet there will always be some hero that wil look down on this type of fun.

Heh heh heh....thought I'd share even if this is an old post.

I found out the Wal Fart 20 miles away uses 154.600 as their communications channel.

I was passing by with the radio on scan (I have the MURS frequencies programmed) and heard them as I was passing Wal Fart. Passed by later in the day and they were still on. Pulled off to get a bite at the drive thru next door and started talking to them....

Me: Is there anyone that can run over and help someone in the toy aisle?
Them: Yeah there's 5 of us standing here
Me: (in my best Bill Lumberg voice) Um yeah if you could just um go over there and help them, that would be great.

Them: Hey (Wal Fart employee) you want to go on break?
Me: Can I go take a smoke break?
Them: I guess so...who are you?
Me: I am (some made up name)
Me: ......I'm pretty sure I'm on your payroll:D

Them: We definitely need some help over here.
Me: There's a bum out by the road who is looking for a job. (there really was, holding a sign and all)
Them: I don't know who this is but you need to get off the radio these are Wal Fart radios
Me: Wrong, these are MURS frequencies, they're for anyone to use. (y)

nicely played

guys im noone to quote the law and hell, im on the freebands and murs myself.
im no angel .
when it comes to messing with stinking ass cops i would let it go . they have a (police 10 code )in NC a 10-71 is improper use of radio. just another bs charge to get money from the public.

That 10-71 code does NOT pertain to other people and is not a BS charge to get money from the public. I spent 10 years as an aux LEO and the similar 10-code was used up here. 10-71 was meant for LEO's themselves when someone was misusing their radio such as idle chit chat or holding their mic next to their car's stereo speaker and rebroadcasting the sound over the police radio. It could have been used as well if an unauthorized person was using transmitting on their frequency however I do not recall that ever happening.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?