• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ten-TEN WInter phone QSO pty.

I was listening and spinning the dial on the Dragon SS-497 between 28.400 and 29.300, kept it mostly around 28.400 to 28.500 USB and heard nothing but white noise and static from my nieghbor's power saw.....
Would have given you a shout if I heard ya.
10 meters has been dead during the day, but lately there's been these temporary openings in the early evenings that last anywhere's from a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. I've listened in on a station in Florida that was booming up the coast, on another evening I heard a station from Dallas Texas, the following night it was a couple of good ole boys from Henderson Ky...(sounded like rag chewing freebanders holding court)
Two nights ago I heard a guy calling out, and thought it was a DX station, I answered his call, and he responded.....turns out the guy was in the next county and we connected via ground wave......:blush:

ten meters

Conditions were not the greatest today but I was able to make a contact in New Jersey. It was N2EOC. the other states I worked today were MD.,DE,NJ.,TX., and PA.
KB3NXT

gee, 10 is a strange band this weekend. i had over 200 Q's and 21 countries (all to the south) from florida this weekend.:D

Yeah it has been wierd lately, and most of the stations I've been hearing are coming up from the southern states....(Florida, Texas).....

My dipole is facing a SSE / NNW direction, so Bobcat115 was probably off the weak end of that antenna, and why I've been able to hear a lot of activity from down south. The openings I've heard have only been short one's lasting less than an hour, but some of them came in strong.....

I listened again last night during what has been the golden hour of 10m lately.....(between 7:00 and 8:00 PM)..... but nothing was happening.......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?