• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TEXAS STAR 1600 WITH FAN KIT AND REMOTE HEAD

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I still have this with original box hooked up to test out it has remote head and 4 fan kit cover Ide like to trade it for a nice HF base amplifier must be in good shape and not beat and also must have band selector for HF bands. I bought this 1600 as a project and kind of gave up on the idea. This things basically new may consider other ham gear trades or??

2aes8t3.jpg

2u3yxj9.jpg

Hey Tony,

Might want to give a little more info.

By HF amp I will assume for are seeking a made-for-ham HF base amp like an Ameritron or Henry or Dentron ect....Likewise assume you are looking for a tube type. There are ham solid state amps like Tokyo High Power and Icom, Yaesu, Kenwood....

Next...and just trying to offer a honest opinion....I don't think anyone who has one of any of the above is going to be interested in a trade for the TStar.

Probably best off selling it for cash and putting that money towards buying the amp you want.

Good luck though!

I understand your concerns and I have thought about all you have said you need to take into consideration that there are HF amplifiers that are in the same price range as this amplifier I have listed and some Ive seen sell for less depending where you look.

You also have to remember that there are other people that collect or have as much stuff as I have that they to are not using and would trade something for an item they themeselve are not using as in the situation I have here with this amplifier which I purchased as a project that never happened. If someone has a base amplifier there not using or cant ddue to a move and its sitting around and they see this and say hey I can use that mobile amplifier then we are both happy and helped out.

You dont know unless you try and if this doesnt go it can stay right where it is until it does find a new home or Ill just use it. Ill post a price if no offers come through a PM So with that said I hope you understand that what I am doing really does make sense sorry for any confusion.

$625.00 shipped to your door amp remote head, fan kit cover and large gray anderson connectors one installed on amplifier and one on the black and red power leads that came with amp I believe theres atleast 10 feet or so of wire. Amplifier has original box as I said it was hooked up to test out that was it then put away if theres dust its from in the closet but I can dust it before shipping it LOL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.