1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

The rebirth of American Eagle SSB CB’ers Club

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by EricExtreme, Jul 19, 2006.

1. EricExtreme

EricExtreme Member

It is with great pleasure that I announce the rebirth of the American Eagle SSB CB’ers Club.

The club was originally started in 1982 by Dave (AE001) and his father Mickey (AE002), both who now reside in Wellington, Maine. The club has accumulated just about 930 members over the years.

In 2003 the club ceased daily operations until new management could be established, as the management in place at the time no longer desired to manage the club due to changing interests, and abandoned the club without finding new leadership to succeed them.

I am announcing that after 3 years of inactivity the club has new leadership and will resume operations.

After a freak happenstance meeting and resulting discussion, Dave (AE001) the founder of the club and I will be reopening the club and I will be assuming the day to day operations of the club. Dave has assigned me the call sign (AE003.)

American Eagle SSB CB’ers Club, founded by Dave (AE001) and Planetary SKIPshooters ( http://www.SKIPshooters.com ), founded by Eric (AE003 & Planetary SKIPshooter 717) will be run as sister clubs. That means if you join either of them you will be joining both of them (refers to new membership applicants).

I have designed a new website for the club which includes a message board for the members to communicate with each other. The new website may be found at http://www.AmericanEagleCB.com .

I invite all current members and prospective new members to visit the website.

73, and I hope to catch you all on the airwaves.

-------------------------------
    Eric “Extreme” Goldberg – AE003
    Director of Operations
    American Eagle SSB CB’ers Club
    AE@AmericanEagleCB.com
    http://www.AmericanEagleCB.com

2. FL Native

FL Native Registered User

1 club is enough for me. 8)

3. C2

C2 Well-Known Member

Oh yea, I remember seeing that club before any of these new places existed...and I remember when they ceased operations.

Wish them luck in their activities.

4. Splash1

Splash1 Active Member

SSB clubs hard to come by..glad to see it..i,ll be checkin it over..good luck..

5. Burntrubber

Burntrubber Member

Nice looking site there. Will have to stop and look around. Nice to see someone bringing the old club back alive.

6. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Guest

very nice site

7. WARLORD

WARLORD Member

What do you have to do to join???

8. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

NOT YET 197 !! NOT YET !! I STILL HAVE MY DOG TIED TO THE BUMPER OF MY MOTOR HOME AND MY MAKE SHIFT ANTRON TIED TO A 12 FOOT 2 BY 4 !! IT AINT OVER TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS !! STILL GOT MY NEIGHBORS USING 500 BIG ONES TO TALK TO ONE ANOTHER 100 YARDS AWAY FROM EACH OTHER !! IT AIN'T OVER YET 197 !! (-: ......WHAT REALLY COMES TO MIND HERE ? THE TRUTH CAN HURT IF IT
    REALLY MEANT THAT MUCH.
    [​IMG]

9. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

10. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

102 incher going down the road is cause for problems , the dude lives in the motor home and moves around town quite often , he has had his share of tearing things up when using one of those ,keeping in mind that from ground to top of the coach is over 10 ft high as it is , The A-99 is only while he is in a stable place and not going anywhere for a period of time. If you notice on the back of the motor home you can see a Wilson 1000 trucker that works very well for him otherwise.