• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Todd" runs new Ham off 28.425

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd, I'm quite sure that 10-10 doesn't need your money. I'm also quite sure that if they had a recording of your behavior on the radio, that would gladly disown you as one of their own. No one needs to behave poorly on any freq, as this reflects poorly on all of Ham radio as a whole.

IOW - you run a risk if you keep up the things you are doing. Then a couple of Hams will video your antics on the radio, email copies to the 10-10, the FCC, and the ARRL and you may get what you have been asking for - a challenge you cannot win. Most of the people that posted on this thread can have already heard you and know. Any two of them that can verify your antics can make time-stamped videos. That is all it will take.

I hope you change your style and habits before that happens.
Or a refund check may be coming soon . ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
That was on 28.345 and I do jump around from 28.425 to 28.345 to 28.380 from time to time but DREAM ON people because 10-10 is NOT going to take my 10-10 number. They like collecting the membership dues as much from paying members as I do like collecting the 10-10 numbers....hi hi. They will sell anyone a 10-10 number, so they are just not going to do it.

It is to late for all that, anyway. I have been a 10-10 member since 1991 and already have most of the awards from 10-10. I have 5,100 10-10 contacts, already, working on 10,000...hi hi. Ten-Ten has gave me so much enjoyment over the years that I have even VOLUNTEERED my own time for 10-10. So what have you done lately to help out ?

The way I look at this is I OWN my 10-10 number because I paid for it in 1991and pay my dues every 3 years. It is my number to either give out or NOT. So folks should consider it an honor if I give it to them for a contact. I remember back in 1990s when I first was licensed that some long time hams told me that some hams would not even talk to me unless I went by their "Gentleman's agreements" So now I expect you newbies to go by my "Gentleman's Agreements" if you want a contact from me. Look, I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me...hi hi.

When I operate as an Individual the ONLY thing I am representing is me. Just because I am calling "CQ 10-10" to collect 10-10 numbers does NOT make me reflect on any club. Don't worry, you won't hear me on 6 meters or 20 meters or any other band anytime soon because 10 Meters is where it is at. So you have plenty of frequencies and bands to operate where you more than likely will NOT hear me. So go enjoy them and I will do things my way because that is exactly how I plan to do them, my way, hi hi.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Attitude confirmed.

Personality confirmed.

Intelligence level confirmed.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: 10 people
That was on 28.345 and I do jump around from 28.425 to 28.345 to 28.380 from time to time but DREAM ON people because 10-10 is NOT going to take my 10-10 number. They like collecting the membership dues as much from paying members as I do like collecting the 10-10 numbers....hi hi. They will sell anyone a 10-10 number, so they are just not going to do it.

It is to late for all that, anyway. I have been a 10-10 member since 1991 and already have most of the awards from 10-10. I have 5,100 10-10 contacts, already, working on 10,000...hi hi. Ten-Ten has gave me so much enjoyment over the years that I have even VOLUNTEERED my own time for 10-10. So what have you done lately to help out ?

The way I look at this is I OWN my 10-10 number because I paid for it in 1991and pay my dues every 3 years. It is my number to either give out or NOT. So folks should consider it an honor if I give it to them for a contact. I remember back in 1990s when I first was licensed that some long time hams told me that some hams would not even talk to me unless I went by their "Gentleman's agreements" So now I expect you newbies to go by my "Gentleman's Agreements" if you want a contact from me. Look, I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me...hi hi.

When I operate as an Individual the ONLY thing I am representing is me. Just because I am calling "CQ 10-10" to collect 10-10 numbers does NOT make me reflect on any club. Don't worry, you won't hear me on 6 meters or 20 meters or any other band anytime soon because 10 Meters is where it is at. So you have plenty of frequencies and bands to operate where you more than likely will NOT hear me. So go enjoy them and I will do things my way because that is exactly how I plan to do them, my way, hi hi.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

your a real winner, perhaps you should scroll over to 27mhz where your attitude belongs. being a ham is a representation of a code of conduct, you may own your "10-10" however do not OWN or have exclusive rights any frequency, and talking to you is FAR from a privilege. scarring new comers from our hobby is childish and ignorant, and your agreement is far from "gentleman" . Does 5wpm make you proud? good job buddy. the difference between a CB operator and a ham operator is the majority of the time (not all) distinction and class in operating style and conduct, something you don't seem to grasp. 27.025 is your calling, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Not even 27mHz wants that stuff!

Hey, I got an idea . . .
Take some videos of Todd on a couple of different days (with the time stamp on the video) and post it on YouTube. Then send the YouTube link to the 10-10 club and see if they like it - after Todd gives them the kind of positive exposure/representation they were hoping for. Leave comments on that page too. WE can start a thread and have that web page/link available - here.

Uh oh; not looking well for Todd . . .

Reactions: 2 people
The 10-10 Club is aware of his activity.
Here is the reply.

I got information concerning this as soon as it hit your forum and as
soon as the youtube went out. First of all Ten-Ten International Net is
an amateur organization promoting the use of the 10 meter band. We
currently have over 7000 active members world wide doing this, sadly it
is true that we have one that seems to have an attitude like a 20 meter
DX hound when it comes to Ten-Ten contacts. This is our 50th year and I
have been a life member for 31 of those. From time to time we have
members that have an ultra ego. We are a democratic organization and the
freedom of speech in this country is something that many of us have
protected in uniform. Ten-Ten is not the FCC and therefore all we can do
is ask the member to consider his actions, it would be foolish to remove
his membership since he would turn his ego against the organization and
most likely on 28.425. That would resolve nothing.

I do appreciate your concern and ask that you check into some of our
nets at 1800 UTC on 28.800 or 28.380 everyday except Sunday. Personally
I would rather work a prospective member any day.

Respectively Submitted
Mel Sojka KD5DE
President
Ten-Ten International Net, INC.

Jeff

Even 10-10 said it; they are democratic.
Give them a little proper pressure from the many complaints made on YouTube and they may well reconsider.

Maybe they should listen to Todd themselves.
Hmmm...

Hey; 10m is my favorite band too. Dunno if i want to join the 10-10 club with members like that to deal with. I've logged over 80 countries this last fall. How much pressure can they give Todd to just fly straight? That isn't too much to ask - at all . . .

Cop out. I would boot his @$$ so fast, his head would swim.

But then again, I am a known bad natured and entirely unreasonable Admin.

:sneaky2::angry::D

Reactions: 1 person
At the moment, I am more disturbed by the weak ass libturded response from the 10-10 president.

Freedom of speech is one thing...letting some renegade wanker operate under your organization in violation of your own democratically written by-laws is a different story. I now look unfavorably upon your organization.

I would think being a member of their organization whether they require dues or not to be a privilege just as much as being a member here or any other forum.

If you don't play by the rules you get spanked. Continue to break the rules and you get banned.

So he runs his mouth about their organization on the radio. I would rather be known for upholding the rules as wimping out.

hmmmmmmphhh.....never thought i'd agree with robb on something.....yup, todd needs a talking to out in the woodshed ;-)

I would think being a member of their organization whether they require dues or not to be a privilege just as much as being a member here or any other forum . . . . So he runs his mouth about their organization on the radio.

Not only did he run his mouth about 10-10 on the 10m band, but he also wrote an open letter of defiance and disrespect for the 10-10 club right here on this forum (eg: '...they want and need my $199...'). I call that 'indisputable evidence'.

It isn't too much just to ask a Ham op to behave as he know he should be doing - anyway.
In fact; one shouldn't need to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.