• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TOP OF TUBE CAP OFF

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
I've an aquantance that needs two 6lq6. I've 8 extra and would like to keep them but wouldn't mind giving him one good one and one in which the top connecting cap came loose and actually separated from the tube. I have them packed away but to my recollection the glass on the tube didn't crack. Is this tube usable? P.s. I've a feeling the cap I refer to has a proper name. I obviously don't know what that would be. This is a picture of the cap I'm referring to. Thanks20170222_172403.jpg

Top of the tubes is the anode, the cap has several names just depends on who you are asking.

Solder it back on and it will be good to go
Some even put a drop of super glue so it glues itself to the glass of the tube and then solder the wire to the plate cap.

They will still work as long as the vacuum isn't lost. Id rather have a unbroken toob but beggers can't be choosers.
I figured I'm not gonna use it and I'm sure he'll be happy to take it. How he decides to reattach the anode is up to him. I'm just looking out for a local who seems to be a nice guy. He has one of those intercepter 101 that needs to be re tubed..The other 6lq6 I'll be giving him is one that gave the lowest test number (@105) out of the 9 that I have. I'm sure he'll appreciate the tubes, and will eventually pay it forward. 73

That's great you helped another local radio operator out with the amp. There is a good deal of that going on in this hobby. Hi-Five :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.