• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram 1180 2/70

Do they also make the ultimate 2m/440 for a base?
If not; then who?

My vote for the ultimate omni would go to something like the telewave 8-bay dipole array, with a Stationmaster (decibel systems I think) after that. Lots of money tho ;-).

I have a Diamond X-510 and like it quite a lot though it won't really take high power well (over a couple hundred watts). Considering most other people don't run much power, it works out well anyway. Not a lot of use talking farther than you can hear people calling you back.

Cat Driver,
I have some uncomplimentary things to say about several 'ham' connected companies too. So, it has very little to do with 'CB' connected companies, although, there seem to be more of those 'uncomplimentary' type companies involved with 'CB' things than 'ham' things. Or, I really ought to say, that there used to be. That's changing now unfortunately. Several reasons for that 'change' I think, the most important of those reasons is a lack of knowledge. A natural result of 'dumbing-down' things to favor the 'least common denominator'. (If you think that is aimed at the 'CB' world, you've entirely missed it.)
- 'Doc

Well, I probably jumped the gun a little here, but I am so burnt out from hearing about bad cbers an their stuff on qrz, I guess I just get po'd when I hear about cb stuff been junk.
Hell I'm a cber an proud of it, but I also have a general too. I quit qrz awhile back an told them to remove anything that pertains to me posting over there because of all the better than thou azzhole hams they have there.
I just get fed up with hearing how bad we are that it sometimes slips over into my other forums.

Sorry

I know this is an old thread.......but today I picked up one of these. I am new to the 2 meter bands and was informed by a ham at the hamfest to get one of these. I've never been a fan of any coil type antennas but I was informed this was a better antenna because it was dual banded, unlike the solid wire antenna that was slightly taller that the ham said was only good for 2 meters.

But I was hoping to have some light shed on these, if it was worth the $20 i paid for it or if I should sell it and cut myself a 49 inch antenna from a 102 whip I have sitting in the garage?

I have the exact same dualband antenna, but it is a Diamond brand. The bottom of it is at about 16-17 ft from the ground an works great on 2 meters. I get 50 miles on it simplex with no problems at any time. I have about 60-65 ft of LMR-400 ultraflex coax going to it from my Yaesu 2 meter FT-2800 mobile/base in the house

Stick with it, you'll do just fine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.