• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Transel Magnum 600 no keyup

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
My son has bought a Transel Magnum 600 does anyone know where I can get a wiring schematic and info about this amp. It looks like original relay has been replaced and amp will not key up. Everything comes on and switches all work but when I key a radio into amp the relay does nothingI can touch transistor legs and amp will key up but does not make correct wattage any help will be appreciated . Thanks Jimbo

if you can key it by shorting the transistor out then I would look at the diodes from the rf input, if there is a cap in line with the rf input it may be open and of course the transistor may be open as well.

should be an easy fix.

Wavrider thanks for the info I have tried to check all diodes and caps but no luck wish we had a good tech in my area close but donot that will work on tube amps. I am still looking for a schematic but will put it on shelf for now. Thanks Jimbo165

Amp done new keying circuit and a very good cleaning of tube sockets also replaced 7 tubes amp still down on power but believe still needs better tubes getting about 900 watts out pep now. We are looking for tubes now 6LQ6 . This amp looks like new and we have not found any info about yet still looking heard that not many of these were made. Thanks for the help. Jimbo

It's tough getting schematics and info for these Transel amps! I have a Nitro 300A that I could use pics/schematics for, but it seems that schematics are hard to find for these old Transel boxes. :(

~Cheers~

Reactions: Jimbo165
Well we took out 6lq6 tubes and replaced them with some NOS 6km6 tubes and amp is really starting to come alive. With a low watt radio we are seeing over 1300 watts pep out of amp now and amp does not even get warm my son is using it everyday now. Best thing is we bought 20 6km6 tubes so we have a full set of spares I guess he will be set for a while. Thanks for all the help Jimbo

Well we took out 6lq6 tubes and replaced them with some NOS 6km6 tubes and amp is really starting to come alive. With a low watt radio we are seeing over 1300 watts pep out of amp now and amp does not even get warm my son is using it everyday now. Best thing is we bought 20 6km6 tubes so we have a full set of spares I guess he will be set for a while. Thanks for all the help Jimbo
did you have to do any changes to use the replacements?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.