• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trying to fix 3 Cobra 29s I NEED HELP!

kd8hjr

Mar 3, 2008
Well I bought three Cobra 29s off a guy last week and I was told they worked. Got them back to the shop and all three are dead, here's what I have found:

Two of them are the cobra 29 Classic model. One has a 10 watt dead key with no forward power, and I cannot get the deadkey down. It has no receive, just a loud squeal from the speaker that gets worse as volume is increased.

The second is also the cobra 29 classic with no audio and no output power.

The third is a cobra 29 night watch sound tracker, with no output power and the same loud squeal from the speaker.

All were made in China

Nothing on the boards are black or burnt that I can see by eye. The lights on the radios all work except for the meter lights which are out on all three radios.

I think I would have the knowledge to get these working again if I knew where to start. I have repaired a few radios before, but I always knew what was wrong with them, and I just don't have a clue on these radios.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Randy

kd8hjr at yahoo dot com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.