• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trying to make a simple T/R switch with a HH52P relay

Call me a wishful thinker but it would seem like there would be a certain "point" on the Board that one could solder a coax wire to for receive to an external receiver. Like the point where RF comes in to the receiver portion of a transceiver.

CK, were you using coaxial cable in your situation?

I also wonder if the DX60 being a tube type transmitter had anything to do with it working?
something tells me his transceiver is a solid state rig.

I have always been under the impression that the impedance bump caused by adding the relay in to the equation would be a problem.

seeing as how this was posted in the CB modifications section, i am assuming this station will be run with a monoband vertical CB antenna or beam, fed with 50 ohm coax and no tuner in line.

thanks in advance for any more info you can lend on how this could work.
LC

The slight impedance bump is not an issue at HF. Heck even a PL-259 is a non-constant impedance connector and will introduce an impedance bump. I made a remote antenna switch using four of the P&B KHAU17D11 relays and used it with a solidstate 100 watt transceiver and saw no issues with SWR. The relays were mounted in a metal box and I did use short lengths of RG-8m or RG-58 cable for all connections. The Ameritron RCS series of remote coaxial switches use a sealed relay that is PC board mount design and they work fine thru 6m.

Reactions: LeapFrog
Thanks everyone for your help. I got the t/r switch made. Works great. The device I use to key my radio is also used to switch the receiver off. It kills the receiver just very slightly before it keys the radio just to be safe. Thanks guys!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.