• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tuning galaxy dx99v2

hickman13

Oct 19, 2015
Virginia
I have read that the 99v2 has the same board as the 98vhp. I bought the radio and was told it was peaked and tuned. Got a good price on it for $125 I could not let it pass. My problem is I am trying to turn the dead key and power down to match up for my texas star 350hdv. On the board VR14 is Am High power pot VR16 is the Am modulation pot and VR18 is the Am Low power pot. It is showing that (with the RF power knob all the way down) it is dead keying 10w. Which pots should I turn and what exactly is the modulation pot adjusting?

Turn the low power and high power pots. Start with the low power pot first, turn RF power all the way down and tune pot for lower dead key as you want it, then go to the high power am pot and turn the RF power up first all the way and then adjust it as well to desired power. It make take turning of both to get what you want out of it, like fine tuning after the initial turn down. You'll understand what I mean when you start turning the power down. It may not go all the way to where you want it at first on the low power side without adjusting the high power side too. Take your time and leave modulation pot alone for now. If you don't feel comfortable messing with it, send it to a tech as you don't have much into it. JMHO. Be safe and take your time if you do decide to mess with it. Good day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated