• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

type of antennas ?

minitrucker

Dec 1, 2006
LONDON ONTARIO canada
1427427856543.jpg

Measure the length of the antenna and that can help with a ball park idea of the frequency range.

For reference note the length and frequency coverage of this antenna:

http://salestores.com/antenexv.html#.VRWPguFy7j0

But you have no idea if it is a 1/4 wave or a 1/2 wave or a collinear type or whatever. Measuring will not do any good unless you already know what type of antenna it is such as folded dipole or 1/4 wave etc. Some 2m antennas are 16 FEET tall while some are 19 INCHES tall.

But you have no idea if it is a 1/4 wave or a 1/2 wave or a collinear type or whatever. Measuring will not do any good unless you already know what type of antenna it is such as folded dipole or 1/4 wave etc. Some 2m antennas are 16 FEET tall while some are 19 INCHES tall.

Agreed there can be different types of antennas.

My thought was that with a rough measurement in conjunction with a picture it would also potentially help someone that recognized the antenna offer better feedback

Agreed there can be different types of antennas.

My thought was that with a rough measurement in conjunction with a picture it would also potentially help someone that recognized the antenna offer better feedback

Ummmm.....yeah OK. I thought you were telling him to measure and use that info to determine the likely frequency the antenna is tuned too rather than passing that info along to the members here. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.