• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden BC980 SSB New Sideband CB

As the word gets around that the cycle is back up I think the market will follow....a lot of guys that where DX junkies gave up and shelved or sold radios when the last cycle bottomed out.
I think it is good timing on there part to take advantage of the solar cycle.
I would not doubt that there is a way to ....expand.... the rigs but the Official reply will be just what you got...... no comment.
Uniden has been in this market for a long time I am sure they know what's up.
If it is based on the Grant chassis nothing wrong with that...they were good radios anyway.
I doubt that is the case because this is a SMT board so I think it is new or perhaps modeled after a radio sold in another country ( think export) but with parts that allow it to meet the regs for sale in the US. ( think de-tuned)

Jeff

As the word gets around that the cycle is back up I think the market will follow....a lot of guys that where DX junkies gave up and shelved or sold radios when the last cycle bottomed out.
I think it is good timing on there part to take advantage of the solar cycle.
I would not doubt that there is a way to ....expand.... the rigs but the Official reply will be just what you got...... no comment.
Uniden has been in this market for a long time I am sure they know what's up.
If it is based on the Grant chassis nothing wrong with that...they were good radios anyway.
I doubt that is the case because this is a SMT board so I think it is new or perhaps modeled after a radio sold in another country ( think export) but with parts that allow it to meet the regs for sale in the US. ( think de-tuned)

Jeff

i find that a SMT board is by far less heat build up then the older style boards you agree? yes the finals will produce some sort of heat and as so will a few resistors and other components. i think the rig will be out standing!
http://cb-world.info/Uniden/uniden_bearcat_980_frames.htm

Last edited:
I only like old school radios. Just build me a radio that is blaring loud and these LCD and push button radios need to be run out of town on a rail. Leave the fancy buttons and displays for the Ham radios where they are actually needed.
Someone needs to bring back the pre 1997 Cobra 148 but with 40 up and 40 down channels...they would sell better than crack in Miami!

I only like old school radios. Just build me a radio that is blaring loud and these LCD and push button radios need to be run out of town on a rail. Leave the fancy buttons and displays for the Ham radios where they are actually needed.

Yeah for the guy who doesn't have time for tuning.(y)

Yeah for the guy who doesn't have time for tuning.(y)

The simpler the better....less traffic accidents. A few months back a dump truck ran over a jogger while he was fiddling with a Magnum Delta Force......a Cobra 21LTD would have saved that jogger's life. The runner was on the sidewalk.
I guess the next generation of Cbers got to have high tech flashy radios. Yet to find a flashy export radio that has receive even close to a Cobra 148.
I guess I could buy a President Obama radio that talks and no one wants to listen. :laugh:

The simpler the better....less traffic accidents. A few months back a dump truck ran over a jogger while he was fiddling with a Magnum Delta Force......a Cobra 21LTD would have saved that jogger's life. The runner was on the sidewalk.
I guess the next generation of Cbers got to have high tech flashy radios. Yet to find a flashy export radio that has receive even close to a Cobra 148.
I guess I could buy a President Obama radio that talks and no one wants to listen. :laugh:

You have to do something worthwhile to have a cb radio named for you.

obama_129.jpg

i think uniden timed it right for a new ssb model with dx conditions
picking up.if they stay true to quaility this could be the best cb
ssb mobile in a long time.but if they go cheap it probaly be the last one
they make.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated