1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Unraveling mysterious radiowave UVB-76

Discussion in 'Scanning & Shortwave Listening' started by nomade, Jan 6, 2012.

1. nomade

nomade US4IPQ

Cold War Echo - Unraveling mysterious radiowave UVB-76 - YouTube

From a lonely rusted tower in a forest north of Moscow, a mysterious shortwave radio station transmitted day and night. For at least the decade leading up to 1992, it broadcast almost nothing but beeps; after that, it switched to buzzes, generally between 21 and 34 per minute, each lasting roughly a second—a nasally foghorn blaring through a crackly ether. The signal was said to emanate from the grounds of a voyenni gorodok (mini military city) near the village of Povarovo, and very rarely, perhaps once every few weeks, the monotony was broken by a male voice reciting brief sequences of numbers and words, often strings of Russian names: “Anna, Nikolai, Ivan, Tatyana, Roman.” But the balance of the airtime was filled by a steady, almost maddening, series of inexplicable tones... more
  2. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member

There's a drunk in Grand Rapids MI who sits on channel 19 and does the same thing. Lately it's a constant chorus of "I've been workin' on the railroad"....very spooky.
  3. Eastside

Eastside Well-Known Member

Every once in a while around here usually on a full moon we have someone or something that keys up growl talking.....me and a local were having a late night qso one night and it happen....we both got creeped out and signed off. :eek:
  4. mr_fx

mr_fx Well-Known Member

interesting
  5. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

Cool

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
  6. High Voltage Mobile NJ

High Voltage Mobile NJ BANNED

is this another russian woodpecker thing like between July 1976 and December 1989 ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bdh:

some other countries are messed up . well again my friends if you think thats scary , look up this . HAARP Index: Hard Truth / Wake Up America

them guys control our weather paterns whether you wanna believe it or not !!!!