• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UV5r programming problem

Singularity35

DU7DVE
Jan 16, 2014
Small City, Philippines
I need your help again guys. I have this baofeng UV5r and it's getting to have more than a few frequencies on memory and I can't keep track of the frequencies without the alphanumerics. I got a programming cable and downloaded both CHIRP and the baofeng software. CHIRP works fine but it seems a bit clunky compared to the proprietary software. CHIRP does have something that bothers me no end(OCD? hehehe) I can't edit the TX power settings in Excel. I can edit it in the CHIRP spreadsheet itself though, so it's not really much of a problem haha. My problem is in the proprietary software because when I try to read data from the radio, it starts reading but then stops and I get an error message. The proprietary software does have a few more parameters I can control that I don't have in CHIRP.

Can I take a bit more of your time and knowledge once again? Thanks for reading.

None of the software programs for these radios are 100% functional, but CHIRP is about as good as it gets. The factory software blows, so if you run into problems, don't bang your head against the wall trying to get it to do something that it should do, but is inept at.

Reactions: Mongoose
Also don't worry about the power setting leave it set high and you can turn it to low as required with the lock key. Or set it in the menu manually on the radio.

I usually like save an often used frequency on two slots in memory. One slot in high and the other in low. I usually have this two slots next to each other so I can change power setting with one button press.

Now that you told me about that shortcut, I don't need to save duplicates. Thanks much.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated