• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Varmint XL 1000 Quad Power going for $2K?!!

I think you might be right suicide ride. thats alot of moola for a old sweep tube amp. whats so great about it.????? is it well made ?, does 2k watts?? am i missing something.?? i got a 1 drivin 2 drivin 6 vintage sweep tube amp. maybe i can get 2 grand out of it on ebay.

It had to have been a bidding war. Even if the amp was NOS - NIB w/ 100%+ tubes & 9 extra NIB spare tubes, I wouldn't think it would sell for more than $500-$600. :confused:

I would be having bidder's remorse right about now, had I bid $500 but can't even imagine the feeling after bidding $1999!!

SR

No kiddin chop. hell you could get i nice drake,alpha,comander,ect for that price. probably used ,but a real nice amp non the less.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 372
LOL

it's just a "parts amp" the only thing any good in it is the transformers.....

i might build another tube audio amp using the transformers out of it someday

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.