• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vearl Pennington, Morehead, Kentucky and Michael Williamson, Morehead Kentucky

• Thread starter FCC Recent Releases -
  • Start date
F

FCC Recent Releases -

This NAL proposes the maximum fine against two individuals for running an unlicensed LPTV station for 18 years, even after receiving warnings by Field Agents

Continue reading...

Jeez, this station has been operating for 18 (Yes, EIGHTEEN) years!!!!

The operator had a valid license and forgot to renew it. it has been operating for about 13 years with an expired license with NO created interference or other issues.

the FCC should just issue a current license and forget about any fines.

YMMV

Last edited:
... with NO interference.

They are not charged with operating at excessive power levels, only failure to have a current valid license..

Although the Station’s license was not formally cancelled until 2004,... Station had been operating without a valid instrument of authorization since its license expired on August 1, 1998. Even had Pennington filed a license renewal application at some time after expiration and prior to cancellation, the Station may still have been subject to potential forfeiture for not only failing to file a timely license renewal application, but also operating without a valid authorization. See e.g., Salmon River Communications, Inc., Memorandum Opinion and Order and Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture, 26 FCC Rcd 14490, 14492 (MB 2011) ($13,000 forfeiture proposed for late-filing and unauthorized operation for more than five years after station's license expired).

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated