• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Video Of My Hi-Fi CB.

Look around the net, there maybe caps you can change out to help out that radio or ask GoldFinger
I would then add a eq to your audio chain then a compressor

Look around the net, there maybe caps you can change out to help out that radio or ask GoldFinger
I would then add a eq to your audio chain then a compressor

Thanks for the input....I don't open em up and tweak em...don't know what I am doing....just ruin a good radio.
I don't know if this is true...but I heard some of the older cobra mobiles were broad banded?

What is these guys secret?

w5udx voodoo - YouTube

Thanks for the input....I don't open em up and tweak em...don't know what I am doing....just ruin a good radio.
I don't know if this is true...but I heard some of the older cobra mobiles were broad banded?

w5udx voodoo - YouTube

Take a look at that voodoo forum and see what those dudes run... some of them spend big time bucks to get that VooDoo audio sound.

Take a look at my signature line and thats what I run..........

Take a look at that voodoo forum and see what those dudes run... some of them spend big time bucks to get that VooDoo audio sound.

Take a look at my signature line and thats what I run..........

Yeah.....deep pockets.:blink:

Is there any way that you can post some close up pics of your radio and all the equipment in your sig line....I don't even know what some of it is?

I don't even know where to look for a broad banded cb....or how to know for sure it is....I have a 148gtl in my closet...but its not working.

Ask your local tech or theres some online that can mod your radio to pass wideband audio.

Here's a link to my setup but I since added more to the audio chain, Way more......lol, but this is how I started
My HiFi Setup - YouTube
Pm me

Reactions: 1 person

w5udx voodoo - YouTube

ANS: Money

Expensive tube preamp, compressor, noise gate, FX processor, parametric EQ, and a Ham radio if you must know.

Doesn't mean you can't get 90% of what they do at a fraction of the cost. I do it every day and I didn't spend that much. If you don't know how to use use sound gear; then concentrate on making what you have work to its fullest. For one - don't over-compensate the use of the bass/treble controls on the mixer. If the radio has a narrow TX bandwidth - it won't make a real difference. But you have probably noticed this by now.

Like I told you a while back, they don't use mixers for one. They use a dedicated mic preamp.

The REAL secret in a hifi TX is having a radio that can TX wide to begin with. There are more shops all of time catering mods to customers for broadbanding the RX - not so much for TX. But most CB's TX filters will go as wide as 3.3khz with the standard 2.8khz filters. Just because any filter really doesn't shut off until a certain point beyond 2.8khz.

I have that 'bass master' sound using a radio that has 4.0khz wide TX radio, a mic preamp, and a condenser mic much like you have now. If you change the X bandwidth of your radio, that will have the most positive change.

Is there a difference between a dedicated mic preamp and a mixer? Yes; the dedicated preamp are a higher grade pf preamp. You are paying for things you don't need in the mixer and get a preamp that is doing what it does best - concentrating on clean audio for a single mic.

Congrats on making it work.
Bet you feel a bit of satisfaction from DIY . . .

Reactions: 2 people
ANS: Money

Expensive tube preamp, compressor, noise gate, FX processor, parametric EQ, and a Ham radio if you must know.

Doesn't mean you can't get 90% of what they do at a fraction of the cost. I do it every day and I didn't spend that much. If you don't know how to use use sound gear; then concentrate on making what you have work to its fullest. For one - don't over-compensate the use of the bass/treble controls on the mixer. If the radio has a narrow TX bandwidth - it won't make a real difference. But you have probably noticed this by now.

Like I told you a while back, they don't use mixers for one. They use a dedicated mic preamp.

The REAL secret in a hifi TX is having a radio that can TX wide to begin with. There are more shops all of time catering mods to customers for broadbanding the RX - not so much for TX. But most CB's TX filters will go as wide as 3.3khz with the standard 2.8khz filters. Just because any filter really doesn't shut off until a certain point beyond 2.8khz.

I have that 'bass master' sound using a radio that has 4.0khz wide TX radio, a mic preamp, and a condenser mic much like you have now. If you change the X bandwidth of your radio, that will have the most positive change.

Is there a difference between a dedicated mic preamp and a mixer? Yes; the dedicated preamp are a higher grade pf preamp. You are paying for things you don't need in the mixer and get a preamp that is doing what it does best - concentrating on clean audio for a single mic.

Congrats on making it work.
Bet you feel a bit of satisfaction from DIY . . .

I wanted that preamp but it was a little more than I could afford....I got the 802 for $49 shipped...its pretty stout...I am afraid to turn it up anymore than a flat setting.....it makes that Texas ranger swing from 2 watts to 30 peak watts...I am afraid it might blow the sob up.:D

How do I find out what my radios bandwidth is?
Cool...I wanna sound like "Bass master" too.:w00t:

Not trying to advertise another forum, but you can find alot of useful info over at the VooDoo forum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.